DBS - 60 days with police
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DBS - 60 days with police

Hi!

Well, my DBS has now been with the police for 60 days so they've let me escalate it. They have said that when it's escalated the police have 10 working days to complete it.

So, has anybody been in a similar situation and are they getting my hopes up for nothing or is the end actually in site?

Registered Childminder since
    aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you send it off 60 days ago or did it reach the police 60 days ago. My husbands took over 3 months from us applying to receiving the cert.

What a nightmare x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodness what bad luck my son's took 3 weeks over Christmas to be completed.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine went up to 57 days with the police. (11 weeks in total), I was also told once they'd had it 60 days I could escalate it but they would still have a further 10 working days to respond to the intervention. Was all fired up ready to go to town on them but was never given the chance to. My husbands was sent off 4 weeks after mine and took 51 days. Really hope yours is sorted soon. Capita told me that Humberside police (my area) are one of the worst constabularies in the country for DBS checks as they've been really severely hit by the budget cuts more than most so there's very few staff working on them. Good luck! It does move pretty fast after that to be fair. (if Ofsted don't send your case off to the wrong inspection team!) xx

Post Thanks / Like

Both mine and my husbands went up to 60 days. I then escalated them with a few clicks on the website and they were back within a week

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your replies, it's been on stage 4 with the police for 61 days now so let's hope that they now stick to the 10 working day rule! I'm generally not very lucky so expecting that Ofsted will then take a while ;-)

SEPT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I had this with my police check. They held it for the max amount of time they could. Mad me so crosss as i needed to start work...bills to pay and all!. Anyway i contacted my local counseller and explained that my crb taking so long was holding me bac from earning a wage etc......2 days later it arrived!!! The power of someone higher up!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent idea I might try that one!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry30 View Post
    I had this with my police check. They held it for the max amount of time they could. Mad me so crosss as i needed to start work...bills to pay and all!. Anyway i contacted my local counseller and explained that my crb taking so long was holding me bac from earning a wage etc......2 days later it arrived!!! The power of someone higher up!!!
    Kerry, do you know them personally or did you just contact them? I may try this one as I'm still waiting on my DBS and loosing so many families and money because of it. X

SEPT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

No dont know them personally. Think my dad found out who my local counseller was and gave me the number to ring them. I explained then it was over the 60 days etc. They HAVE to send it to u after the 60 days! Good luck x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hun. Are you registered now? X

SEPT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been registered coming up 5 yrs so it was awhile ago x