How long?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How long?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How long?

I have finally sent off my DBS and was just wondering how long you all waiting till yours came back? Once this is back I can send my application off to Ofsted, I hate all this waiting as I've two families lined up but cannot promise them childcare from a certain date till I'm registered xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlepumpkins View Post
    I have finally sent off my DBS and was just wondering how long you all waiting till yours came back? Once this is back I can send my application off to Ofsted, I hate all this waiting as I've two families lined up but cannot promise them childcare from a certain date till I'm registered xx
    Hi,

My DBS took around 3 weeks and my Partners took abit longer.

I applied to Ofsted around 4/5 weeks ago, sent my Health Declaration booklet and paid the £35 registration fee back on the 14th April and I'm now waiting! I haven't heard anything back about a visit, but it does say on their letter to me that it can take up to 9 weeks

It's such a long waiting time!

Good luck with your application xx

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just in the process of waiting for my friends DBS back so she can be registered as my assistant. It's been 3 weeks so far and not had it back yet. It did say to allow 6 weeks but am hoping it may be back within the next 1-2 weeks. X

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I've got a bit of a wait was hoping to be up and running by September.

Just wish we could apply to Ofsted whilst waiting on our DBS as they both take forever to come back.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent off for mine 2 weeks ago and sent my evidence off last week. My husband had to do a new one for his work last month and that took 3 weeks so hoping mine will be about the same. Hoping anyways. I was hoping September time too but im doubting it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was sent off beginning of feb and took 11 weeks, husbands was sent off 4 weeks after mine (long story but Ofsted refused to accept his work one despite it being universal- money making raquet!) and took ten and a half weeks. It was agony but I was told that it was due to our police service being unusually under resourced relative to other areas (Yorkshire) and these took up all but 4 days of our searches. I have now been waiting nearly 3 weeks for Ofsted to send it to the (right) inspection team (after they cocked the days up twice and then sent it to the wrong inspection team that covers down south) and the inspection team HAVE to come this week or next but as yet I've had no phonecall. I've lost 4 parents due to it, not to mention HUNDREDS of pounds of supply work I could have done if my DBS had been back sooner. I have two parents who want childcare in the next 3 weeks which should be do-able. I was planning to start in February- little bit late for that :-/

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joannes View Post
    Mine was sent off beginning of feb and took 11 weeks, husbands was sent off 4 weeks after mine (long story but Ofsted refused to accept his work one despite it being universal- money making raquet!) and took ten and a half weeks. It was agony but I was told that it was due to our police service being unusually under resourced relative to other areas (Yorkshire) and these took up all but 4 days of our searches. I have now been waiting nearly 3 weeks for Ofsted to send it to the (right) inspection team (after they cocked the days up twice and then sent it to the wrong inspection team that covers down south) and the inspection team HAVE to come this week or next but as yet I've had no phonecall. I've lost 4 parents due to it, not to mention HUNDREDS of pounds of supply work I could have done if my DBS had been back sooner. I have two parents who want childcare in the next 3 weeks which should be do-able. I was planning to start in February- little bit late for that :-/
    Oh no that is so awful and frustrating! I really feel for you