I am officially no good at being patient!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I am officially no good at being patient!!

So it continues, and everyone is in the same situation from what I am reading :Panic:

My details have been passed to prospects, and I am awaiting a call to organise my inspection...

I know that there is nothing I can do but wait...patiently apparently...but I am terrible at having patience with stuff like this!!

All I want is for them to phone Monday, arrange inspection for Tuesday, feedback to Ofsted Wednesday and my certificate to arrive Thursday...am I being unreasonable?!

Oh my word I am so fed up waiting

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Being unreasonable? Nah
    Being unrealistic? Definitely, sorry

Took nearly 6 weeks for my inspection visit, it can then take upto 2 weeks for your certificate to turn up - now that was a couple of years ago, so things may have speeded up (?!) but prepare yourself for it to not happen as quick as you'd like x

3. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha - that would be so good if it was that quick. Thanks to a complication with mine I had my inspection August 2013, certificate arrived April 2014 - and yes I expected that certificate to drop through the letterbox every single day in between! Mine was painful!!!

Post Thanks / Like

well I have been told that they have 28 days from referral to arranging and making visit and writing the report and sending back to Ofsted. They have 17 days for mine and still no phonecall. I was told to ring back if I'd heard nothing by the end of the second week. But that would be the Friday and they would have to ring, visit and send report by the Tuesday! Well, that's blimming likely!!! Ofsted said that once they have that back its pretty quick, taking 3-5 days to post out the certificate BUT they also told me they'd sent my form off to the inspection team twice when they hadn't and then told me they'd sent it to the wrong inspection team so who knows!!! I have no patience either anymore, neither does my bank account

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

:'( still no call...

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I just came on here to post the exact same thing! I am getting fed up with waiting too!!! Just phoned OFSTED again and they assure me that they have passed my details on and the magical 28 day period is officially on the countdown....... (turning red from holding my breath) lol

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wee_elf View Post
    I just came on here to post the exact same thing! I am getting fed up with waiting too!!! Just phoned OFSTED again and they assure me that they have passed my details on and the magical 28 day period is officially on the countdown....... (turning red from holding my breath) lol
    Lol...phoned them this morning...they're gonna start dodging my calls soon!!
    Details went to prospects Friday

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

9. Likes wee_elf liked this post
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:

I phoned Ofsted last Friday...still not passed my details onto prospects despite me being told they had twice before grrrr...

So I had a proper moan...woman I spoke to went to find out why there was the hold up and came back to tell me she would get my details passed over as soon as...yeah I've heard this before so not holding my breath!

So I thought I'll just log onto ofsted online to see what (if anything) is on there...went onto progress tab and it shows none...NONE...of my details?

...Bang head against wall at this point...

I wanna cry, again!!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble Beez View Post
    UPDATE: I phoned Ofsted last Friday...still not passed my details onto prospects despite me being told they had twice before grrrr... So I had a proper moan...woman I spoke to went to find out why there was the hold up and came back to tell me she would get my details passed over as soon as...yeah I've heard this before so not holding my breath! So I thought I'll just log onto ofsted online to see what (if anything) is on there...went onto progress tab and it shows none...NONE...of my details? ...Bang head against wall at this point... I wanna cry, again!! Sarah x
    I know how you feel, it's sooo frustrating!

I sent my application beginning of April and sent an email to Ofsted on Tuesday for an update. They replied to say they are waiting for my Social Services checks before they can arrange a visit!

I'm just really impatient and hate waiting

I hope you get your visit soon xx

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

What annoys me is that I've now been told twice that my details have been passed onto prospects...however they haven't.

Yeah I'm not patient at all...will defo keep everyone posted and fingers crossed I will be working before next year

Urgh...think I'll be phoning them again on Tuesday lol

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

What annoys me is that I've now been told twice that my details have been passed onto prospects...however they haven't.

Yeah I'm not patient at all...will defo keep everyone posted and fingers crossed I will be working before next year

Urgh...think I'll be phoning them again on Tuesday lol

Sarah x
    It may be worth phoning tribal as well, as each time I phoned ofsted they said they had passed my details to prospects..... It was tribal who called to arrange the visit.... You seriously couldn't make it up lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the same. They told me twice they had passed me onto inspection team, they hadn't. Told me it was with tribal but wouldn't give me the number said I had to wait for 4 weeks but someone would be in touch. Kind person on here passed tribal's number on- was told they dont even cover the north and said they had this quite often and went off to find me prospects number as they had nothing for me. Finally rang prospects to be told they'd received my case that day- a week after it had allegedly been sent the first time. They then had until this tuesday to send the report to ofsted- guess when the lady will be sending it? Yup, this tuesday. This whole thing has been "last minute" the whole way through. Total farce. Now I have no potential customers til september as I have lost 5 parents and another couple of potentials in the 9 months its taken. It's made me look so disorganised, not to mention suspect that my DBS took 3 months to come back. Was almost on the verge of having to sit my childminding course again due to time constraints (have to be registered within so many months of passing). Waiting on certificate now, knowing me it will get lost in the post and they'll charge me a redic amount of money to resend it. Only to find out it's been sent to lapland or something, wouldn't put it past them

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right...you couldn't make this stuff up!
    Honestly, the more I speak to them, the more it concerns me that they're not doing what they say that they have done...
    Also...where have all my details gone from the online system? Who knows...am phoning them tomorrow without a doubt
    Gotta laugh...or I WILL cry!
    My poor families who are waiting are getting anxious also...and I don't blame them!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Another twist...
    I phoned yesterday as I had four notifications on the online system saying the status had changes...it hadn't tho, and all my details were back which was a relief!
    Phoned again today...got a very unhelpful lady telling me that it was under review and that's all I needed to know...grrr...
    So I have emailed them.
    I have explained that they have had all checks back and all has been 'completed' since April 24th.
    I don't understand where the hold up is and please explain what else needs to be 'reviewed' before my details will be passed to prospects.

Will keep you all posted.

How's everyone else getting on?

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting...
    Still under review...
    Still no phonecall...

Wahhhhhh :'(

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting... Still under review... Still no phonecall... Wahhhhhh :'( Sarah x
    Me too xx

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep chasing ladies is my best advice. We all submitted our applications around the same time (I was held up waiting for the dbs) and I had my call yesterday to say my pre-reg visit could go ahead today. I pushed it back to next friday as I wanted some more time to get straight (we have builders here and I need to do a detailed risk assessment for that) but I only got here by calling and emailing.

I was told two weeks ago they had everything and to wait - this was after constantly badgering them about a so called missing reference. I called them a few days later as I had a niggling feeling and was told that their systems crashed deleting emails received and that it was showing I was still missing a reference. GrRRRRRRR. To be fair, in this call the lovely lady at ofsted was brilliant and gave me her direct email address so she could personally acknowledge receipt and sent to the right people. I emailed on wednesday this week to make sure it has definitely left to go to the inspection team, and then got a call yesterday from Prospects.

After all this waiting, tooing and frowing, we deserve this!

Good luck

20. Likes Bumble Beez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taylored View Post
    Keep chasing ladies is my best advice. We all submitted our applications around the same time (I was held up waiting for the dbs) and I had my call yesterday to say my pre-reg visit could go ahead today. I pushed it back to next friday as I wanted some more time to get straight (we have builders here and I need to do a detailed risk assessment for that) but I only got here by calling and emailing. I was told two weeks ago they had everything and to wait - this was after constantly badgering them about a so called missing reference. I called them a few days later as I had a niggling feeling and was told that their systems crashed deleting emails received and that it was showing I was still missing a reference. GrRRRRRRR. To be fair, in this call the lovely lady at ofsted was brilliant and gave me her direct email address so she could personally acknowledge receipt and sent to the right people. I emailed on wednesday this week to make sure it has definitely left to go to the inspection team, and then got a call yesterday from Prospects. After all this waiting, tooing and frowing, we deserve this! Good luck
    I'm feeling abit more positive after reading this.

Thanks for the update!

Good luck for your registration visit and let us know how it goes x

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki5531 View Post
    I'm feeling abit more positive after reading this. Thanks for the update! Good luck for your registration visit and let us know how it goes x
    Me too
    And good luck Taylored...
    I am really hoping this all gets sorted soon, I'm skint, I'm bored and I feel that I've got everything in place...come on ofsted!!

Fingers crossed its quick for everyone else who is waiting xx

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

23. Likes NinkyNonk liked this post
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Bumble Beez has finally got a date when Ofsted are coming...July 2nd...feeling a little ill now

And yes it is Ofsted coming, not prospects...

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast