transporting 3 under 2?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default transporting 3 under 2?

hi all

just started out childminding and most days I have my 21 mth old and another toddler during the day. I have just had an enquiry for 2 days a week (one of those days being one I needed a mindee for) The other day is when I already have an almost 2 year old, my 21 month old and the enquiry is for a 22 month old. I feel confident with this (I find the 2 toddlers I have fairly straightforward as long as im organized ) but my worry is getting places - we have to do the school run and we do go to the park etc- I have a phil and teds double but just wondering how I can get about. I feel better with them all in a pram but im not sure whether this is completely necessary and whether a buggyboard or just reins for 1 would be adequate.

thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've just got back from playgroup after dropping my son at nursery. I had 22 month, 14 month and 11 month. I have a Phil and teds and used a back carrier. Even got up a massive hill so it's definitely possible

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I would put the most confident on the buggy board. I have had three under 2 for while. From 18 months it was always my daughter (the eldest and most able) that went on the buggy board. Now at two she normally prefers to walk by the side of the buggy. She's pretty trustworthy, I know not all are tho, so really it all depends on the children.

I prefer not to use a buggy at all when I can but wouldn't trust three walking along the road so it's only for going from car into somewhere close. I only have two hands and one is a bit of a runner. Oh and I don't find reins when there two young as they all walk in different directions lol
    Last edited by munch149; 07-05-2014 at 11:15 AM.

May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I also use a double pushchair and a baby/toddler carrier on my back I have 2 almost 2 year olds and I wouldn't have either of them on a buggy board, one (my own!) is too skittish and the other is way too little!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive just purchased a triple buggy as I will have 3 with the oldest 18 months every Tuesday starting next week. I have to say I was apprehensive so took it for a test run and it was surprisingly easy to push and will fit everywhere I need it to.

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a side by side triple but it was too big so rarely used it. If our going for a triple I would recommend investing in one your going to get the use out of but these can be costly and I just couldn't afford it

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a double Out n About Nipper pushchair with either a toddler carrier on my back (Babyhawk Oh Snap) or an Easy X Rider buggy board-with-seat.

Post Thanks / Like

My Los have all just turned two and I have had them all over a year.. I have three most days and have never had a triple.,
    I have a phil and teds and have trained them up to walk holding a wrist strap attached to the buggy (stops them getting under the wheels like they do if holding the buggy) I time share the buggy if going any distance just keep swapping them over, and drive as
    Near as possible to where I want to go! If I was needing it i would invest in a buggy board most go from 18 months but never did

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone - lot's of food for thought!

I am lucky in the sense that I live in the centre of a village so the school, soft play, surestart, library, park etc is all within 5 mins walk however I just worry for safety rather than the distance. Has anyone ever used a buggy pod?

Post Thanks / Like

murphf - think we were replying at the same time! I was thinking I might start getting my lo used to walking with the wrist reins. We're never far from anything but I just keep having nightmares about the school run and the busy- ness there when we arrive. it might not be as bad as I think - my lo is not a runner (mindee can be) so maybe I might practice a bit

aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ladies! I will have the same problem in the summer.

Which buggy board fits on the Phil and teds double?

Thanks xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Lascal maxi fits on my Phil and teds double
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The Lascal maxi fits on my Phil and teds double
    This is good to know I might look into one of these as my backup plan

aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

I look after twins aged 2 and a 1yo I use a phil and teds explorer with doubles kit and a kidsit buggy board!! Expensive bit of equipment but Fits well and a great idea so all 3 can sit and have a rest!!!
    Good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2lovelygirls View Post
    murphf - think we were replying at the same time! I was thinking I might start getting my lo used to walking with the wrist reins. We're never far from anything but I just keep having nightmares about the school run and the busy- ness there when we arrive. it might not be as bad as I think - my lo is not a runner (mindee can be) so maybe I might practice a bit
    I don't actually attach them to the wrist strap, but they hold the loop, but maybe you could start with them wearing it if it works better.. Or use reins and wrap the long part around the buggy handle . I just keep saying 'hold the strap please' every time they let go, and to begin with I hold their hand around the strap so they get the idea .. I have one who isn't great at following directions and one who is super slow so these are the two I often have in the buggy ! Luckily I have one good walker those days!

aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

So I have been looking into this, and the lascal buggy board does attach onto my sport phil n teds double but there is no room for the child to stand. I am now looking at buying a side by side buggy with buggy board.

But which one is the best?!?!?
    Maclaren, City jogger seem good?

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on your needs...

I had a Maclaren (umbrella folding) when I needed to be able to fold it up and pop it in the boot of my Zafira....I now have an SMax and still have an umbrella folding one that I keep in the car.

However I do have a out n about 360 which I use the most as I can now walk to do school runs rather than having to take the car.

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LizP View Post
    So I have been looking into this, and the lascal buggy board does attach onto my sport phil n teds double but there is no room for the child to stand. I am now looking at buying a side by side buggy with buggy board.

But which one is the best?!?!?
    Maclaren, City jogger seem good?
    I managed to get a buggy board on mine. I wouldn't walk miles with the buggy board attached but it is useful if a walker gets tired
    Attached Images Attached Images

aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rick

I saw your photo before and thought it looked fab. My second seat seems to be lower than yours and there is no room at all when the board is on. I will take a pic later