Registration visit tomorrow :)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration visit tomorrow :)

Hi everyone I have my reg visit tomorrow morning. Anyone got any tips or valuable info that I may need for tomorrow , fingers crossed everything is fine , it's been a roller coaster ride to get to this day and 10 months in the making !!! so much effort and money been put in so I should be ready , so nervous tho aaaughhh :-/ x

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Just relax and don't be afraid to ask her to clarify questions if you don't understand. I was so nervous, she had to repeat the same question in 3 different ways before I understood what she asking

Glitter Guest

Remember you can refer to your own notes for anything you are unsure of (or have just forgotten because of nerves).
    Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank u so nervous but cleaning everything to take my mind off it lol , bet I don't sleep well tonight !!!! Xx

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't got any advice as I haven't had my registration visit yet, but I just wanted to wish you good luck xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya hun, I felt the same as you, nervous to the core and convinced I was going to flunk the visit. Please relax, it is nowhere near as difficult as we imagine....the inspectors are not ogres, they sometimes answer the questions with you. I only needed a basic knowledge of EYFS. She looked at how I planned to use the space I have available, my risk assessments were talked through and we discussed safeguarding.

PLease don't worry and let us know how you get on. I am still waiting for the outcome of mine(certificate).

Good luck xx

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mummymacd View Post
    Hiya hun, I felt the same as you, nervous to the core and convinced I was going to flunk the visit. Please relax, it is nowhere near as difficult as we imagine....the inspectors are not ogres, they sometimes answer the questions with you. I only needed a basic knowledge of EYFS. She looked at how I planned to use the space I have available, my risk assessments were talked through and we discussed safeguarding. PLease don't worry and let us know how you get on. I am still waiting for the outcome of mine(certificate). Good luck xx
    What do you mean the outcome (certificate) Hun xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My pre reg visit was such a positive experience. The woman was lovely and helpful, she stayed for about an hour longer than needed just chatting about her grandchildren ! Try not to a worry

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gembo View Post
    What do you mean the outcome (certificate) Hun xx
    She means her registration certificate - she can't start childminding until she has received the certificate. There is a sometimes a delay in receiving the certificate depending on when the inspector submits her report to OFSTED. Can take anything from 1-6 weeks to arrive

Post Thanks / Like

I have my visit today . Was supposed to be at 10.30 but the inspector called and said she was running late but would be here by 11 . It's now 11.30 and still waiting