Would you rather...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you rather...

...do three days a week with two children per day, or do two days a week with three children per day? One is my own son and all are age three and under.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Two over three days x
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I much prefer having more children on fewer days, so I would say 3 children a day over 2 days.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends if I was looking to take on another child at all.

2 over 3 days makes it easy to take on another 3-day child.

3 over 2 days mean I could not take on another child those 2 days. That would limit me. I do not like having just one child on a day as it is not worth working for 1x hourly rate, IMO.

But if the income either of these generate is all you want/need, then I'd go for the 3 over 2 days and enjoy the 3 days 'off' a week!

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely 2 over 3 days for me...I have 3 most days and its a killer, although they're mostly under 2! Soooo much more chilled with just 2 x

June 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

3 kids over 2 days, I find they play better when there is more of them. And more days off for you!

sept 12
    Non childminder member
    Please select
    Post Thanks / Like

3 over 2 days for me too - so long as they all get on with each other!

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone - It would be the same amount of money, just condensed down in to fewer days as one of my mums wants to swap days. I'm a little bit nervous about how I would get the youngest to sleep as she likes to go for a walk in the buggy, but the other one will be fast asleep in a cot at the same time, so we will have to figure something out there. Also, how do you get out with three who like to go in the buggy? Do you just stay at home? Might go for it, I fancy a longer stretch of time off if that two days doesn't kill me! Tips on how to cope very welcome

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use to have three under two and loved it. It is my fave age for children. My ds is currently 15 months and every day is ace.

I would pop youngest in a sling to go out or get the two 18 month old to take turns walking. Sometimes I roped a friend in to help push buggies.

The other thing to think about is my ds gets bored with just me so having a mindie with us is great as they play together. Sometimes I long for it to be Monday so my house Is full

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Three mindees over two days. You'll just have to try and train the LO to sleep without going for the walk. Maybe rock her in a pushchair, or just cold turkey and put her in travel cot. I had to do this with my own DD who I used to take for a walk around the block to get her to sleep. When I took on my first mindee, there was no way I could keep this up as they napped at the same time and I couldn't have them both sleep in my double buggy as I couldn't get it up the stairs to my flat - it's hard enough with a single pushchair.

Regarding going out - are any of them good at walking? Do you have playgroups/libraries within walking distance? Maybe just aim for one outing over the week. I wouldn't do anything like a busy park as it would be difficult to keep an eye on them all, but is there a safe playgroup with workers who will help you out?

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

3 over 2 days

Post Thanks / Like

Would depend on which 2/3 children and their needs and how they get on with each other x

Post Thanks / Like

I have three most days, and only two on a Monday and Friday usually. They are all turning two now but started this time last year and all under one. Didn't get out much when not walking but now they 'time share' the buggy and I am working on them all walking further and road safety. I do like my days with only two it seems like an easy day in comparison, but I now want to stop my Fridays so am trying to condense all my hours into four days a week. Yes harder work but doable and you do get into a routine and get used to being organised. Much better to have two days off! However only you know the Los so you will know if workable

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather have 3 children on 2 days. As it happens this week I'm only working 2 days due to parents shifts, it's much better than having one child per day over 4 days, the children look lost without each other!

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would prefer 3 children over 2 days, as long as it didn't make outings too difficult.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take into consideration the characters of the children as that can influence my decision massively. You know whether the children will gel or compete.

Good luck with the decision

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd probably go for three children for two days - and a day off to recover! It would depend on the children and how I thought they would get on. I don't find getting about with three any more difficult, though I have invested in a triple buggy, and wouldn't dream of struggling with only a double, and definitely not a sling, especially not in warn weather, which I am hoping is just around the corner!