Oh well, its happened again :(
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Oh well, its happened again :(

Hi, I had a woman coming to see me tomorrow with view for me to have her baby part time..... she rang this morning to cancel saying she was going to extend her maternity leave as the job she was offered wasn't as good as she first thought (not sure if thats just an excuse?) Whilst i appriciate she rang to let me know i cant help feeling gutted as she's the second person in 10days to cancel on me and im beginning to think im doing something wrong???

Im seriously wonderering if im kidding myself.... i need to be earning soon!!!

Sorry for moaning

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oh well, its happened again :(

Try and stay positive... there are customers out there!

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no. My friend who has lost all of her mindees over last month had a phone call today for 2 full timers, and they've been round and signed contracts. Things can change very quickly. She was thinking of giving up too, but is now a happy camper

It'll soon pick up I'm sure.
    Ali xx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously prospective minding clients are very much like buses and they all turn up at once.

Don't lose heart. Also you have to look on the positives - 1) She let you know, 2) She knows your number now for when the right job comes out.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor you

Hope something else comes along soon

Sending you good luck vibes

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

yes i have had a few of these too

i think it may be they find out where i live

i live on a estate, i have a great house but its not huge and its in a 'not so nice' area mainly my neighbours garden which is bramblesiand its in a courtyard, i think parents look at this and than dont turn up, no phone call ect

i have a lovely house once you get throught the front door, lots of toys big well equipt garden, ect

i did try to move a few months ago, we sold it to the first person who saw it back in feb, we chose a nice 3 bed semi with garage for conversion to playroom,and a drive way, but then she dropped out, just before the housing market crashed, we then lost our house, so we took ours off the market last week, so fed up at the moment, thats why thinking of going back to work(in another thread)

any way its so nice to have a moan and chat to you guys

not heard anything about the pre school job yet, but fingers crossed

i am sure your situation will pick up soon as this is a busy time for minders as parents looking for childcare in sep

sassy x x

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

oh hun sorry, lets hope she rings bk and you get more enquirys soon x
    To Dare Is To Do

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Just writting from experience from using a childminder myself for my two daughters.
    The area the childminder is in can matter to certain people. When i first met my childminder she was in a lovely cul-de-sac with hardly any traffic and lots of parking, then she moved to a bungalow next to a lorry depot, so it was a bit hairy trying to get in and out of her drive.
    Then she moved back to her boyfriend's house in a rough estate where the garden was tiny and the neighbours were always throwing tins into the garden.
    The worst bit once was when i went to collect my youngest daughter last summer and there was a young child about 10yrs old crying on the pavement.
    Stopped the car to see what was wrong and noticed that he was TIED UP! with wire ties all down his legs and arms behind his back.
    Then a gang of slightly older kids came out and dragged him back into the garden (this is one of those estates with the car parking at the back of the house) and they made it clear that i was not to interfere and they said they were just playing, the parents were there FFS!
    Told my childminder about it and she said they do that all the time!
    Needless to say i was glad that in a couple of months my daughter would be starting playschool but also sorry that we had to leave our lovely childminder.
    With all her moving around, ended up driving 10 miles just to use her, but it was only once a week.

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought peole would be put off by my house. I live in a tiny little council house. the carpet going up the stairs in manky, we currently have no blinds, my husband has been promising to sort out the garden for ages ( ).... I was convinced that the house would make people not want me. But everyone's been really complementary because of the garden (the bits we have done) which is sweet, and how calm it feels (I pretend we're minimalistic, really we're just poor!!).

It's true about all at once - I had nothing for ages then 3 last week. I've actually said I won't take any more on 2 days a week as I feel 3 at a time is plenty for me. Be patient and keep positive - you're what's important and thay'll soon see that x

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies. I doubt its the area we live as its a very posh estate, its a popular joke that everyone is loaded here. My son and 6 of his class mates live in our cul-de-sac and they all sit out on our joint lawn (we are semi-det with one of his friends) talking and doing dance routines etc... they are out there now talking about Alton Towers and rides etc so they arn't rowdy etc so im not sure why they decide not to turn up

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

'Be patient and keep positive - you're what's important and thay'll soon see that x'
    Well said Venus!

Ebs, I am sure you'll fill your vacancies soon. I am of the mind that things happen for a reason, and they obviously weren't the right people for you.

When I started minding I had a parent come to me with 2 kids, and I thought 'Great, that's 2 places filled'.. but at the same time thought 'heck, she'll be work, she's going to take advantage of me'. She then had a problem at work and she ended up not needing the care. And in retrospect I am so glad that happened, as I got other kids with parents that are wonderful to partner with. Things happen for a reason. Chin up x