twiddling thumbs...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default twiddling thumbs...

so I've filled in the Ofsted form, sent it twice, had two visits from my local authority Quality Improvement Officer, done a million things to make my house as "safe" as possible, I have sorted and tidied and tidied and sorted, written all my policies, procedures, welcome packs, menu samples, started a file and done my first observation on my son, got my visitors book, fire drill log and comments book, done my First aid and safeguarding, sent off my DBS, sent off my ID check, sent my medical form to my doctor, had my husband fill in the EY2 form.... doctors rang today saying my form has been filled in can I please pop £100 in and collect it tomorrow. So I guess it's a waiting game after that. I quit teaching at Christmas, got married and am seriously hoping that it doesn't take as long as some people on here. I can't claim income based jobseekers so am having to claim contributions based jobseekers which will run out in June (so long pension pot!) but at the moment I'm just wanting to get going. I'm finding not working now and suddenly having all this spare time, coupled with naff all money and a really good sleeper for a toddler lethargy is setting in! We are going to bed later and getting up much later. lol. My QI officer said that often the whole process takes so long that they lose people because it all just loses momentum and they lose enthusiasm. I really want to get cracking before it gets to that. Also don't want to lose the one lead I've had but the lady has had no childcare except grandparents since before Christmas. Hope everyone elses is getting processed ok. it's been really useful to come on here and see how everyone's getting on and everyone's experiences of it all. think this will become my new safe haven in the evenings! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

When did you send your form? I sent mine along with everything else on Jan 20th and am now playing the waiting game. I also just can't wait to get started x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    When did you send your form? I sent mine along with everything else on Jan 20th and am now playing the waiting game. I also just can't wait to get started x
    Well, I posted my original EYC form 25/1/14 but that apparently went missing in the post :-/ I emailed on the 1/2 to check but they email 3/2 saying they hadn't received it so we went straight online that night and sent the EYC and EY2 off online. I had the details to do the DBS online by the 8th and filled that in straight away, but had to wait til Wed (12th) to send the ID check to them online. Capital emailed me saying they had received it all on the 14th. the capita site has been down for maintenance all weekend so only just got on and it sayd the police checks are "in progress" I suppose I didn't send the forms off all that long ago but it definitely feels like it because of all the things you have to do before sending it! lol. I'm on a facebook group and just keep seeing really really good ideas and then feeling fed up because I can't put them into practice. Valentine's has gone, Easter and mother's Day will soon be on us, Dinosaur week on Cbeebies, and then tonnes of stuff I can't afford because I've already spent tonnes and not earning yet :-/ Want to also try and get that grant before it ends :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my DBS is on the last stage now after being stuck for a week and a half at the PNC check. Thankfully Ofsted have been busy getting their references while this has been going on so at least I won't have to wait for that. Did anyone receive confirmation of their medical declaration being received? I haven't heard anything but sent it off a week ago. Hoping it's ok! I have decided to start advertising and getting my name out there a bit, didn't want to hedge bets but I can't afford to be unpaid for sooooooooo long!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my DBS certificates for 2 weeks now, still waiting for THE PHONECALL, just want to start!!

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

My dbs was on final stage for 13 weeks! I submitted a complaint and bingo it was completed! Im learning to pester pester and pester again with this process. Good luck xx

Post Thanks / Like

Think I may give them a ring this week now half terms over x Good Luck to you too x

Post Thanks / Like

I think this waiting process is making me delirious! lol. I checked online again today thinking, it's been blimming ages at the last stage. It's been 6 days :-/ Then I looked back to see when they received it and it's only been 12 days lol. Feels like FOREVER when you're waiting on it lol. I suppose it's coz I know that then it's got to be printed and sent out to me, then sent off to Ofsted, then sat on someone's desk for a while before they come out, then have the visit then wait a while for the certificate before I can even look at minding. So all seems so far away! I've had such good ideas as well for Mothers day etc. seeing all these occasions come and go this year. frustrating! how's everyone else getting on?

Post Thanks / Like

I called yesterday, and my registration inspection is booked in for Tues yeah!!

10. Likes joannes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    I called yesterday, and my registration inspection is booked in for Tues yeah!!

ooooh good luck for Tuesday!!! let us know how it goes! xx

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I've never experienced such a mixture of emotions! I'm so nervous but so excited at the same time xx the process has been so long but now I'm close to starting its crazy, partly cause I'm leaving a job I've had for 10 years to do this eek!

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pre reg visit over, I was so nervous beforehand, but the lady was absolutely lovely and all went really well just waiting for my certificate and I'm ready to go yey! How are you getting on Joanne?

Post Thanks / Like

*sigh* no change :-/ still on the last stage of DBS. Have had an enquiry from a friend of my husbands though. Having to register for supply teaching next week though because I'm sick of being in the dole queue and treated like a incompetent leper. And I keep finding childminding-y bits to spend money on online and have no income. So pleased it went ok for you, hope the last bit hurries up for you!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame it's taking so long for you, our DBS checks were completed in a week. I hope things hurry along for you so you can get started x

Mar 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent off my eyc and ey2 in November and DBS in December. DBS all came back by end of jan. I then had to wait for social services until last week. Finally got the call last night and get my visit next Friday!! Very long process and like you I have been out of work since christmas and spent £700 now on 'bits and bobs'!
    But will hopefully all be worthwhile!

Keep smiling...and waiting!

B x

Post Thanks / Like

I think the worst bit is when you know you have no definite business lined up. so even when the DBS does come back it will most likely sit on someone's desk for a while before they come out. and even when they approve you people on here have had to wait a couple more weeks before the certificate comes through. Then will need to sort insurance out and house insurance and registering as a food business and with ICO and IR before can fully advertise everywhere with my EY number. I am excited still but want to get into a routine coz the longer it goes the harder it'll be. And I did originally tell the hubby that I'd have Jan off and be hoping to start work Feb. I'll be lucky to start by April at this rate! No fast track for early years trained teachers so it seems lol.

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I've now waited 11 months since sending my application in. I've had 4 families in contact because there are no childminders in the area with early years vacancies and the childminders I knew passed my details on. It's so frustrating this waiting game - each family I've told that yeah I'll be registered in a few months, only for it to continue dragging on. If and when I do finally get registered I bet there's no interest! I wouldn't have left my TA job in October if I'd known I'd be out of work so long - but on the plus side I haven't missed my daughters first steps and little milestones as she turned 1! :-) I hope yours speeds through quicker than mine!! X

Post Thanks / Like

That's awful. And yes, I spent the last half term off work with work related stress. Looking back I could have not handed my notice in til Easter. Although I was determined not to go off sick when I handed my notice in. But it's cost me thousands in sick pay and instead I'm on contributions based jobseekers having to apply for 3 jobs a week and do 7 actions a week and be lined up for all sorts of ridiculous and inappropriate courses despite the fact I'm trying to get registered as a childminder. how come yours has taken 11 months though! Admittedly I handed my app in in January but local authority told me I couldn't before then as if they did come early I'd have a tonne of actions and it looks really bad on me and the local authority. So I stupidly waiting til I was a week away from doing my first aid. Doesn't help that the DBS site is constantly down for maintenance. It's been down every weekend for the last 4 weeks, went on to check today and it's down until Wednesday now. The whole things a complete cock up. Can't even do supply work without it so I'm in limbo.

Post Thanks / Like

4 and a half weeks now think I'm cracking up. Sent my husband's (second) one off today too, bet his comes back before mine. On the plus side my living room and boys bedroom is the tidiest they've ever been lol. But today found out there's a leak under my floor tiles in the kitchen so yet another thing to pay out for/repair. Hoping it's not a massive job but it looks like its been a slow leak so could have been causing damage for a while bet Ofsted turn up when my kitchen floors all been pulled up lol. Swear if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any atm. lol. On the plus side, my boy decided he wanted to do his first wee in a potty tonight lol. Random but pleased nonetheless lol. Gotta enjoy the small stuff lol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast