What do I need in place for cssiw pre reg visit?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do I need in place for cssiw pre reg visit?

Hi Girlies!
    I just want to make sure I have all I need (where possible) for my pre reg visit! NERVOUS doesn't even come close despite encouraging words from Tulip! So could you guys please give me a heads up as to what should be in place. Stair gates I guess are a must but other than that I'm floundering! I've bought fire blanket and first aid box but just want to appear well prepared and confident! Paperwork???? I'd REALLY appreciate the advice. Thanks. Jen xx

Mar 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I'm awaiting the phone call at the moment.
    I have got my policies and procedures ready, risk assessments, fire evacuation plan, complaints forms, copy of development matters, copy of the early years outcomes, statutory framework, observation sheets, blank progress checks and 2 year checks and have filled out the pre reg booklet from the ofsted website.

Hope that helps?

B x

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR23 View Post
    Hi

I'm awaiting the phone call at the moment.
    I have got my policies and procedures ready, risk assessments, fire evacuation plan, complaints forms, copy of development matters, copy of the early years outcomes, statutory framework, observation sheets, blank progress checks and 2 year checks and have filled out the pre reg booklet from the ofsted website.

Hope that helps?

B x
    Aaaaargh! Unfortunately, CSSIW still have all my paperwork and my file so they hold all my policies etc!! and as for pre reg booklet, that's never been mentioned to me!! Now I'm super nervous! Been waiting for this day since last July!! (Don't ask!) really don't want to balls it up now lol
    Thanks for that though B and good luck when the call comes!!
    Jenners x

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In Wales we have different standards and registration than OFSTED.

Don't panic!! If you do not have something that they want/need you to have they will tell you and give you a chance to get/change it and then you write to inform them that it has been done.

Wales do not have a pre-reg booklet, we do not do 2 year checks and we do not have EYFS. In England they do not submit all their policies as part of the application.

CSSIW have a copy of all policies and procedures as part of the application process so they know what we have in place. If anything needs changing in a policy the inspector will tell you and you change it and send it to them.

CSSIW inspectors are lovely and helpful (I panicked at pre-reg, and every inspection since!!!) But they are good and set you at your ease. They are here to help you register.

Don't forget to get to the pre-reg visit you have passed the registration course, you have passed the DBS checks, you have passed the references, you have passed the medical forms, you have passed the application form and your P&Ps must be OK!!!!

Think about how you will tell parents about the child's day if LO (daily diary, daily sheets?). Are you going to provide food? How would you accommodate a vegetarian/food intolerance? Religious requirements? How do you feel about boys toys - girls toys (don't discrimate all toys can be played with by anyone)?

I had been a childminder in England before I moved to Wales and had to re-register. She asked me Why I wanted to be a childminder. Whether I had cared for children form different cultures where I lived before and how I had been inclusive. Asked me about toys and resources and wish lists. Following a child's interests & adult led activities. Chatted about me and my family Very relaxed
    Last edited by tulip0803; 09-02-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Tulip!!.......what would I do without you?! Thank you for your words of wisdom! I'm looking forward to tomorrow with mixed emotions but having thought about what you've said I feel much less apprehensive, after all, I've made it this far!! I'll let you know how it goes and thanks again. Really appreciate the input guys!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jenners View Post
    Tulip!!.......what would I do without you?! Thank you for your words of wisdom! I'm looking forward to tomorrow with mixed emotions but having thought about what you've said I feel much less apprehensive, after all, I've made it this far!! I'll let you know how it goes and thanks again. Really appreciate the input guys!
    Glad you feel a bit better. Like I said I panic still even though I know it is all OK!

Good luck for today

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Panic over...(for now!!)....pre reg inspection over! Have a few amendments and a few additions to make, a little bit more red tape and fingers crossed girlies I should be up and running sooooon!
    Thanks again for your replies :-D

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad it went well and you can look forward to starting soon