Ofsted registration visit and bricking it
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted registration visit and bricking it

Hi there, I have my Ofsted Inspection visit next week and I am so worried they wont register me......I have the safeguarding side of it sorted but my knowledge of the EYFS is poor and working full time plus raising three children has meant I havent had much chance to do any reading yet........ I really want to get registered as I love being around children, nurturing them and watching them grow. Plus for my children, working from home will allow me to spend more time with them and help them with the things that they need. Can anyone put this EYFS into perspective in simple terms for me as when I spoke to the lady coming to do my visit she said not to overthink things....... Thanks in advance.

Amanda

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should have a pre-reg booklet to work through - that will tell you the kind of questions your inspector will ask.

You'll be fine! Good luck

3. Likes mummymacd liked this post
    Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunny its fine honestly. I was flapping too. You don't need to know the eyfs off by heart. What you need to know is that the document exists and that it tells you what you have to do. Read through the welfare bit and make sure you have the policies that is asks for. (You will have done them for cypop5 I'd imagine) I found it helpful to have them printed out so I could show her them rather than explain them. Make sure you have an idea on how you will assess kids. I printed out an observation form that I could show and said I'd consult early years outcomes as a guide, I had a blank form for 2 year check that I showed her too. This has child details on, a box to describe development on each of prime areas, a box for next steps. And box for parents comments. She was happy with that. As for learning bit as you have children I'm guessing you have a fair amount of toys lying around lol. As I did the house tour I'd point at things there's my book shelf to promote communication and language, literacy etc, here's my board games this will help with turn taking (psed) here's their fancy dress etc etc.
    Anything your unsure about ask inspector and they will tell you. Or if you don't know something show how you could find out. Best of luck.

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention risk assessment. I found it helpful to have that written down but she did point things out as we did house tour things that'd I'd missed like my glass doors. Buff she still passed me. I just added it to my risk assessment.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies ladies. From reading one ladies description of the visit, it didn't sound too bad. I pray I get a reasonable inspector....... Watch this space ladies, I will hopefully be a regular poster xxxx

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Goood luck