Advice please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Advice please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice please

Hello Ladies,

I am currently relocating to Hampshire due Hubby's job has relocated! I am not yet a childminder, however have been thinking of doing it for a number of years and now I have a little one of my own, this is a venture that I would love to take.

We have seen a property in a village, Denmead and I notice that on Childcare.co.uk there is only one childminder listed in the village. Does this suggest there is no need for childminders here? How would do find out whether there is a need for another childminder in this location? It may sound awfully silly to ask such a question but I don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance,

Amy

2. Likes ajc liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hello.

when I was moving to a new area, I contacted the local school ( as I needed to find a school for my own children ) and asked them about the need for childminders in the local area. I also spoke to the Family Information Service to ask them about childminders in the area I was moving to, and they put me in touch with the local childminding support officer.

I then felt I had enough information about moving and the viability of continuing to be a childminder.

could you perhaps phone/contact the childminder listed on childcare.co.uk and ask if there is a need for another childminder. she might welcome you with open arms.

good luck

x

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I live just over the border in west Sussex but my sister in law lives in waterlooville. Denmead is on the outskirts of a very dense housing area. So although only one other childminder is registered in actual Denmead there may be lots in the surrounding areas, but there are also lots of new housing going up in the area.
    Last edited by caz3007; 03-02-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I live in a very small rural village and there is me and another childminder. We are both full. As suggested contact the school, Family Information service and even the local childminder. I met the local minder before I registered and she was very supportive and we pass enquiries to each other if we have spaces and have done shared care of children before. Hopefully the other minder is like my friend

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ladies, great advice.