Urgent advise needed :S
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Urgent advise needed :S

hi, wondering if anyone can help.
    I called my local council in august to book onto ICP training and first aid and was told the next available course (September 2013) was full so I waited until the next one (due to start today). Finally ready to get started and I get a call today saying due to lack of numbers it’s been cancelled and not available until May!! I was so upset having waited so long. I was in work so my mum (bless her) has been ringing round like a mad woman trying to find me something else. My parents take care of my daughters while I work as I struggled to find childcare to suit both of them and the hrs I work but they can’t do this after april so I am panicking as I will have to leave my job then. After many phone calls my council told my mum I could do this online?! Which I had no idea I could do! I am booked onto first aid still which starts this week. Can anyone advise? Is online course as good as physically going to the course? Do I I need to get anything else along side this? (child protection? – if so how do I do this?) – is the time scale for registering still the same?

Sorry – just in a flap because I was all set to go – p.s I’ve done the pre reg briefing which im not sure is a requirement or not.

Thank you!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are some online courses but they need to be approved by your Local Authority - so go back to them and push!!

Hugs xx

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry I don't know the answers but suggest you give PACEY a call on 0845 880 0044

4. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you ladies My poor mum had to call so many people today and finally (reluctantly) my LA provided her with an online course that is approved. The only extra thing I need is 'child protection' certificate so I need to look into this tomorrow. I have started my first aid course too. What a stressful day - just feel let down because I've been trying to get on the course since August and today was so difficult because I was in work so couldn't do anything about it. Thanks for the advice and I will call Pacey tomorrow x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    Sorry I don't know the answers but suggest you give PACEY a call on 0845 880 0044
    or use 0300 003 0005 which depending on the package on your phone counts as a local number where 0845 ones are charged. I googled this today and used the 0300 number fine.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2lovelygirls View Post
    thank you ladies My poor mum had to call so many people today and finally (reluctantly) my LA provided her with an online course that is approved. The only extra thing I need is 'child protection' certificate so I need to look into this tomorrow. I have started my first aid course too. What a stressful day - just feel let down because I've been trying to get on the course since August and today was so difficult because I was in work so couldn't do anything about it. Thanks for the advice and I will call Pacey tomorrow x
    Check if your LA specify the 'child protection' course supplier too. There are online child protection courses, but there are many different levels/types so make sure it is one your LA approve.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you ricky / moggy. I will call both on fri x