How lond did you wait for your certificate???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How lond did you wait for your certificate???

Hi all,
    I had my pre-reg visit on 13th December and was told all went well and I should expect certificate soon.
    But when? And is there a way of knowing if I'm officially registered before then? I have four chn needed to start next week but I don't even know if I can have them yet! I've done everything else, insurance and such but obviously can't go ahead until reg is confirmed.
    Is there anyone around Leeds area that can tell me how long they waited? I'm hoping Christmas doesn't hold it up too much!!
    Thanks! Louise

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh dear it is frustrating not having the certificate yet. As you say though, you can't start until you have it. Chase Ofsted as sometimes they get their wires crossed. I waited a few weeks for mine only to be told they were waiting for confirmation that I had done my first aid; something I showed the inspector during my inspection

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked for your details on ofsted website to see if youve been processed yet? Then you can ring up and say if its on there that you've just not had your cert yet xx

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, thanks for your replies.
    I've checked ofsted website and it hadn't changed from last time I checked months ago. I'm getting seriously hacked off! I've called up and the lady in the centre said she'd get someone to call me, we all know that won't happen!! I've also emailed inspector that did the visit, not sure if I'm supposed to have done that though!
    Would you believe I originally submitted application on 19th June!!!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, ofsted website says still being reviewed and called up but they never got back to me. I'm feeling quite miffed about the whole thing. I first submitted my application on 19th June! They've lost it in cyberspace twice!!

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine took about 4 weeks, I called them three times to chase it as had parents waiting and wanted it sorted - just keep calling

Post Thanks / Like

Whats your reg number?? Xx

[message from admin-if you do wish to give your EY number please do it via PM for confidentiality reasons-thankyou]
    Last edited by Rick; 02-01-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Its your unique reference number starting wit EY

I had my pre reg visit on the 16:12:13 and kept checking the ofsted website daily. My details eventually were on there yesterday and dated the 31/12/13

So ofsted said my certificate should be with me by friday this week! :-)

Just give them a call they will happily help! :-)
    Amanda's Little Pandas Childminding

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said Amanda, I've called, they didn't even get back to me as promised. I've spoken to them a lot, I've not impressed with the customer service!
    Star- were you asking what a reg number is, or what my reg number is? I'm new to all this but why would you want my number? Do you have inside information

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I called O AGAIN today and my certificate is in the post. I am very glad about this as I am currently looking after five children without charging!!!
    I will be celebrating this weekend!!