Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default own child behaviour

im a new childminder and am doing this because I want to be around for my kids. 5 and 3
    anyway, they have been good with the mindees, but last night. eldest was awful with the pick up and the mum (who likes everything perfecty) didn't look happy. Eldest was not good and wouldn't listen to me, when I was telling him to stop, it was awful. then had another mindee arrive and again, he was awful, this mindee was only on second visit and im not sure what the mum thought. I did apoligise.
    but couldn't really deal with it all until mindee had gone and then it was bedtime.

I feel really angry, I asked him what was going on and nothing really to answer.

has anyone else had problems with theur kids playing up at pick ups and drop off times?

didn't sleep last night for worry that they will both pull out now and think that I am rubbish at this.

I love this job, but oooooh, so frustrated. don't expect him to be perfect, but he was awful last night and I am really cross about it.

OH said to email parents and apoligize- what do you all think?

day off today and doing all paperwork, accounts etc, and very unhappy.

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had this with my children too. Its new to you and to them. He may feel a bit jealous that he has to share you and his home and toys with other children and perhaps was just misbehaving for attention.

My youngest is going through a period of being awful after nursery (she does mornings), it makes lunchtime a nightmare and she quite often kicks off when parents are here too. Luckily I know my parents well and they've all been here a while now so I don't feel that they are judging me. I don't think you need to apologise. As long as you are dealing with it appropriately and the parents can see that you don't let your own children behave badly. Sometimes its nice for them to see how you deal with things as a parent too.

Have a chat with your son and explain that you are doing this job to earn some money to buy nice things for him and the family, and this might mean that he has to share things. Set aside a time during the evening that is just for him, he is old enough to understand when it is "work time" and when it's "family time". Often people think how lucky our own children are to have us at home all day with loads of toys and friends to play with but actually its not easy for them. Good luck. xxxx

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we have all been through this!

Although we have chosen to be childminders, our kids haven't chosen it, so it can be a big learning curve, for them plus you!

I often pull my hair out crying, that my kids are the only ones that I cannot give notice too!!!

4. Likes Bumble Beez liked this post
    Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your replies.

Have explained to him about me working and so he can can do stuff etc, and if I had a different job, then he would not be at home with me, but prob in after school club etc. hopefully he has understood. That me doing this is allowing him to see me, and we get to do all the fun stuff we love, arts, park etc.

Will see tomorrow when I have the same child again, when I collect him from school. Fingers crossed. Hopefully minded mum will be ok. Dad drops and never says a thing, but mum collects ....

Hopefully he will soon adapt.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same and i try to talk to my little ones and tell them they are lucky to be in their own home with their mum and that if i had a different job then they would need a childminder. My 2 year old saves all her screaming and shouting for when mum comes to pick up minde at first i felt like i wanted to die. Now i keep her busy at home time i tell her to choose a book for me to read to her while i say goodbye.

The mum should understand all children take a while to get used to change.