Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lack of enquiries across the board?

Anyone else finding enquiries are lacking? Very slow going here and have been hearing others saying the same.

Glitter Guest

I have had six enquiries in the last two weeks!

Before that I hadn't had an enquiry for four months.

I find enquiries always come in groups.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been very busy with enquiries here for the last few week, but it was pretty quiet before that.

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Its dead up here just now. Have found that most people are using family to save money.

Hope it picks up as im only working 2 full days per week and 1 afternoon just now
    Fiona xx

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fionamal View Post
    Its dead up here just now. Have found that most people are using family to save money.

Hope it picks up as im only working 2 full days per week and 1 afternoon just now
    Yes same hours here but only 1 mindee! Seems people using family too to save.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, really quiet here too. I have one pre school place available for 3 days but I cannot fill it, most people want days I can't/won't do or hours that wouldn't be worth my while (one woman wanted to send her LO for 1 hour a day!)

Obviously when I had no spaces I had loads of phone calls!

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep quiet here too, all minders commenting on it. I also think people are using family or friends to save some money, which you can't really blame them for just worrying times for some xx
    Kelly xx

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There had been loads of enquiries for most of aug and beg of sep but they have quietened over last couple of weeks xx

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I've noticed over the last year or so is how many grandparents are taking little ones to softplays, when you hardly ever saw any before. No problem with that but when little Johnny gets stuck at the top of a tall bit, it's not good for the grandparent to have to try and climb up there to rescue the child. But there are usually younger people around to help them out.
    I've had a few calls but it's for silly hours either more than 12 hrs every day or just one hour a week! The longer hours call I could not help as it clashed with my ratios
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

lots of after schoolies here which i don't want.....but I have had a few others recently.....have you go ta fb page, website and things?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm newly registered and need tips! There are a lot of cm in my town as its pretty big- the "better" ones have waiting lists... How do I even get one child let alone have a waiting list?!! I've put posters up, handed out business cards, on pacey, my FIS. Meant to be adding me this week, on childcare.co.uk and have fb page,...what else Can I do!! X

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mysuri View Post
    I'm newly registered and need tips! There are a lot of cm in my town as its pretty big- the "better" ones have waiting lists... How do I even get one child let alone have a waiting list?!! I've put posters up, handed out business cards, on pacey, my FIS. Meant to be adding me this week, on childcare.co.uk and have fb page,...what else Can I do!! X
    Sit back and wait, it'll happen! Ask friends to spread the word for you, at work, to their family etc
    The best advertising is by word of mouth, people recommending you rather than a parent reading a flyer which they may forget about ten mins later
    Having said that though its worth advertising anyway because if even one parent picks up a card it's worth it
    Have you asked to put flyers up in community centres, libraries, shops, schools etc
    All worth a go xx
    Kelly xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellyskidz! View Post

Sit back and wait, it'll happen! Ask friends to spread the word for you, at work, to their family etc
    The best advertising is by word of mouth, people recommending you rather than a parent reading a flyer which they may forget about ten mins later
    Having said that though its worth advertising anyway because if even one parent picks up a card it's worth it
    Have you asked to put flyers up in community centres, libraries, shops, schools etc
    All worth a go xx
    Yes have advertised a few places! I think u r right word of mouth will prob b my best bet! X

Glitter Guest

I had the most enquiries from leaflets and business cards left in local cafes.

I went to a different cafe every morning for a couple of weeks and had a coffee and some cake. If it seemed to be child freindly I asked to leave some leaflets. Most places were happy to do it and I got to go out and have cake!

So far had about six enquiries from just one cafe where a lot of local Mums go to meet up with friends.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Its very strange around here. I go for more than a year with no enquiries and then have 2 or 3 in a month. Im full so have been passing enquiries on to a new minder up the road who know has quite a few

But you can guarantee that next year when I have 2 leaving for school that I wont be able to fill spaces. Although i do have two Mums expecting so that might work out.

I just need to find a way to get parents to keep breeding which then guarantees me work.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

16. Likes N/A, whitk16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still no enquiries here! It's v v quiet feel like I've spent all this money and done loads of work for nothing ;( sorry down day today x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Very quiet here too and I have some leaving over the next weeks/months

I've only had one enquiry in months and that was a message on the answer phone asking me to call back but they never left a contact number... typical!

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

It is always fits and starts..very very busy with enquiries March to Sept and now totally dead!