Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: car insurance

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default car insurance

Just a quick question. I tried to get business insurance for my car today, the man asked how many extra miles i wouold be doing. Just wondered what people put down for that? I assume it won't be many, just a couple of extra park visits maybe. Also is it business class 1 I need to get and does this cover me for childminding? I asked the man this and he said yes, but he seemed like he had a cold and a bit unsure, will ask again when I try to do it again.

Thanks for help

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Business Class 1 use on my car insurance, that is what you need for childminding. As for the extra miles, I believe last time I renewed I was asked what percentage of my annual miles would be business. I only do about 5000 miles in my car annually so put down 3000 of those were business miles.

Hope that helps.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Yes it is business class 1 that is needed. I was also asked how many miles would be business through out the year, 4000 business use, 2000 personal.