Husband at home
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Husband at home

Post Thanks / Like

Default Husband at home

Hello when my husband is at home in the week do I still have to count our children in my numbers even though he will be at home looking after them?
    Also because he has had a drb done does that mean I can leave childminding children with him if I go out on a school run?

Thank you
    Charlotte

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless he is registered as your assistant you still have to count your own children in your numbers. If he is registered as your assistant and he has done first aid, and you have parents consent you can leave him alone for school run. HTH.

3. Likes sarah707, tulip0803 liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

The issue of parental responsibility has been mentioned a few times recently.

Why in this case, would the child need to be counted in the minders numbers rather than being under dad's care?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Because we know so many people would say their child is with dad, but realistically is he not popping upstairs to do paperwork, or popping out himself.

Unfortunately us honest people have to face consequences for those who wouldn't be so honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Unless he is registered as your assistant you still have to count your own children in your numbers. If he is registered as your assistant and he has done first aid, and you have parents consent you can leave him alone for school run. HTH.
    As mad as it seem this is true. I also think it rather bonkers at times, for example:- If my daughters stayed with their grandparents for summer in Spain, you would really think I could undertake more children, during the holidays, as they are not suddenly going to re-appear anytime soon. Even if they are sent home early any children I undertook as extra I would warn them that in case of an emergency if the children are returned to me then I couldn't have their children. (My DD's are out of my numbers now, this is just an example I came up with many years ago).

Unfortunately there are many unfair rules, such as although your own child takes up a space, and is counted in your numbers, you aren't allowed to claim Family Tax Credit for their childcare, and if you send them somewhere else, they still count in your numbers.