Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Builders and childminding

Hi all
    Wondering if you could help me out. I've started childminding again after a break and moving to a new area and have a little boy of 8 months just 4 mornings. I started with him this week. During the summer hols we had our loft done however the builders are running behind, it should have finished 4 weeks ago. My question is, as much as I don't want to can they still come when I am childminding? They will be upstairs and there will be no health and safety risk to the child as they are just plastering now and out of the way. Does anyone know. My alternative is for them, to just come on the Fridays as I don't childmind on those days however they are saying this would then take approx 10 weeks as they need another 10 days. Any help would be appreciated. I think the mum would be ok about it but wasn't sure if this is ok.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an extension built over the summer whilst I was childminding. I contacted Ofsted at the time and they said to send them a detailed risk assessment, which I did. I also informed the parents and assured them their children would be kept safe and away from the builders/building work.

As long as you keep the baby safe and never leave him alone with the workmen, there shouldn't be a problem. You may just need to be extra vigilant, making sure no tools are around and doors are not left open etc - common sense to us but not necessarily to others who don't work with or have children of their own!

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cs01 View Post
    I had an extension built over the summer whilst I was childminding. I contacted Ofsted at the time and they said to send them a detailed risk assessment, which I did. I also informed the parents and assured them their children would be kept safe and away from the builders/building work.

As long as you keep the baby safe and never leave him alone with the workmen, there shouldn't be a problem. You may just need to be extra vigilant, making sure no tools are around and doors are not left open etc - common sense to us but not necessarily to others who don't work with or have children of their own!
    Thanks! That was what I was thinking although wasn't sure. I wish it was all over however the setback can't be helped. Have put off calling ofsted as thought would ask here first so see what others thought. I'll see what they say too. Thanks again.