Waiver form
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Waiver form

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waiver form

Hi ya , I've just sent in my application to be a childminder and I got a call today saying I needed to fill in a waiver form . I applied in 2002 and decided not to go a head with it and they have put refused against my name . The lady said just fill in the waiver form and they will decide as to whether they will decline my application or not . Does my one have any advice or know of any advice please or know of this happening to any body before . Thank you

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Something doesn't ring right here. If you withdrew your application then you shouldn't have refused. I would go back and ask them to investigate more. Maybe you were refused and then never told you.
    Debbie

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be similar as to when you are a registered childminder but then let your registration lapse without officially resigning.

I believe they put you down as being struck off so it is always best to make sure you actually write to them stating that you will no longer be childminding.

Post Thanks / Like

What happened was I was due a visit and at that stage I cancelled . I was really nervous and didn't feel ready . That's the reason they wrote refused . Apparently it's because they never got a chance to do a visit. I'm really worried now as this could go against me . This time round it's 11 years later and I'm more prepared . There's more support etc. Hope they understand .

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had my visit, was waiting for my certificate and received a rejection letter instead, I was mortified!
    When I contacted them it turned out they hadn't changed my address from my previous registration, and had me struck off because I hadn't responded to their correspondence or paid my fees - Well I wouldn't would I? I'd moved
    I had sent a resignation letter, but from my new address.....

Thankfully, they were able to back track the information I gave them on the waiver form, and they did have records still of calls I'd made before and AFTER moving, so it went before the board for a decision to be made, and I received my registration certificate shortly after.

Fill it in with as much detail as they ask for.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all your replies ! Fingers crossed x