really annoyed!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default really annoyed!!!

Hi again everyone, i really need to have a rant! I have been on another forum (not a childminding one) and im so off that childminders get such a slating! Comments such as 'they are no different to stay at home moms' and 'wait till the childminders on here sniff this out, there will be trouble lol' comments are really making my blood boil! why does there seem to be such nastiness towards childminders? I have tried putting my point accross about what we have to do to initially get registered and then what it involves afterwards but they just see it as passing the time till we 'get proper jobs'!!

it just feels so narrow minded and like im being be-littled and laughed at and am somehow beneath them, maybe im being over sensitive because im tired but i really am sick and tired of the bashing we seem to be getting! rant over x

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I've recently seen comments like that. It makes me so angry! They have no idea how hard our job actually is and it isn't as simple as having a few kids playing on the floor while we sit with our feet up with a cuppa.
    I do sometimes feel like inviting them to come & spend a day with me 6.30am when the 1st arrives 5pm when the last leaves then hang around while I cook for my family, clean the house get the kids in bed & sit down to do paperwork & planning. They'd soon shut up then lol x

3. Likes kimmy79, hectors house liked this post
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a couple of parents pass comments about, how they wish they could stay at home all day and enjoy the sunshine, inferring that I don't do anything except laze about. I just say, Why don't you? become a childminder! They soon shut up. No way do they want to look after their own children all day.

And then i've had parents who REALLY appreciate the hard work that we put in, thank me at the end of the day and treat me with respect and courtesy and they get far more from me than the ones who are mean. That's life.

It's just jealousy and like you say "ignorance" I don't understand sometimes why they begrudge us so much, they want someone to look after their kids, we look after their kids, it's simple!! But oh so difficult!!

Just relish at your knowledge and their ignorance

5. Likes kimmy79 liked this post
    june 13
    Post Thanks / Like

so glad im not the only one to get annoyed by it! i just dont understand the hostility towards childminders x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sometimes I think its because they would love to stay at home with their children and enjoy the sunshine. However its just plain rudeness and ignorance on from some people.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes kimmy79, The Juggler liked this post
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

just seen it - and added my twopence worth xx gotta love a bit of nm's
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

10. Likes kimmy79 liked this post
    june 13
    Post Thanks / Like

sunshine? im watching the rain just nice to know others feel the same, im still angry at what ive read on that forum and they are still going on about it, 'they wont see these comments for a few hours.....they should be watching the kids lol' so ignorant! I would love to know what they do for a living x

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how after 3 days of sunshine, they forget the worst and wettest summer on record and a bitterly cold winter,

I

13. Likes kimmy79 liked this post
    June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps this is whereTruss gets her info on childminders?

15. Likes kimmy79 liked this post
    June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just added a post too, what ignorant narrow minded people. And the don't upset the childminders comment:-o oh well seems they have the issue of getting exercise at least we don't have that issue in our job roles:-)

17. Likes kimmy79 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong in raising a child like a stay at home mum, if all children were raised this way then the youth of today would really benefit. A stay at home mum bogged down in a truck load of paperwork sounds about right
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

19. Likes kimmy79, hectors house liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had the same issues at a local play centre. The organiser was so ant*****minder it was unreal. I know I shan't be going back. I work a minimum of a fifty hour week and take my job seriously. I get very upset by these attitudes..

21. Likes kimmy79 liked this post