Application form help!! CSSIW - Wales
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Application form help!! CSSIW - Wales

Hi there, I am registering to be a CM and I am running through my application form and I am stumped on section 2 planning for individual needs and preferences. I can't seem to put the words in my head onto the form! How much detail is the CSSIW looking for? Does anyone have tips on where to start or links that may help?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Sorry cant really help with your application as I'm in England and its a different registration process but good luck with it anyway
    Mandy xx

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm in England too so can't help specifically about detail and such. You could have a look at the Free Resources tab above - there's lots of stuff about planning there. Good luck with your application!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Individual planning is the same the world over - watch and listen to the child, think about what they might like to do next and plan it!

You might find some useful information here

Individual Planning EYFS

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi I am in Wales too.

The individual planning that Sarah put a link on for is good but we do not do EYFS in Wales so don't reference it on your application.

When children start I have a form which asks parents about the child's likes and dislikes, favourite toys, games, rhymes, stories etc. I then try to have some activities based on these likes and favourites when they first start. If a child is old enough I ask them what they like to do. After a child has started I observe the children to see what they can/can't do, what they do/don't like and then plan accordingly.

I plan for each child's age and stage of development. At present I have 1 3 yo who has just started Welsh school and another 2 that have just started Meithrin, all are English speaking (so am I, with basic Welsh) so we are doing a lot of Welsh rhymes, "ble mae....?" etc

I look for next steps as we go - one child wants to try to write so he is copying words that I write on a line. Another a year younger also wants to write because the older one is, so he is "mark making" sometimes they look like letters sometimes squiggles but that is his stage of development and both have this interest at the minute. I have set up a doctors area to allow them both to mark make on paper as they play. We will be going to the beach and using sticks and shells to write in the sand.

Last week another three year old told her Mum we had been on a picnic to Africa so this week we have the Handa's surprise storysack out and have been looking for African animals in the jungle(garden). The doctors has now become a vet's practice in Africa!
    Last edited by tulip0803; 03-06-2013 at 06:33 PM.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thank you so much Sarah and Tulip, i now know I am heading in the right direction then. I think im getting overwhelmed with the application and it's giving me writers block!! It's sending me in a panic!!! I did my exam on 2007 so im a bit rusty!