Involving Parents & Quality Assurance?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Involving Parents & Quality Assurance?

Hi,

I have my second visit from the Care Commission tomorrow and hope this will go smoothly. I've asked the lady what I need to have ready for her visit. She has said she wants proof of my maintenance contract. This is a problem because the boiler man has promised me he'd b out today to service my boiler and hasn't appeared! However, will try not to get too stressed about that, will tell her I'll send her a copy of the work report once it's done, and hopefully she'll be ok with this.

She also said the following:

"I will want to discuss how you will involve parents and complete the Quality Assurance. "

Now, with involving parents I have a Parental Involvement policy already written up. I plan to talk about how I'll communicate with them through talking, newsletters, pinboard and things like invites to things like informal bbq's etc. I also have an 'all about me' form and basic info form.
    AM I ON THE RIGHT COURSE OF WAY OFF THE MARK HERE?

I'm especially puzzled by the 'complete the Quality Assurance'... I really have no idea what she means by this. I know what Quality Assurance is, but not sure if she's expecting me to fill out a form? ANYBODY ABLE TO ADVISE ON WHAT YOU THINK SHE MEANS?

I am in Scotland, just in case we do things very differently around here.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your quality assurance is like our self evaluation in England.

The theory goes that parents are keen to support us in our businesses and get involved, answering questions and contributing their thoughts and ideas...

You might talk about questionnaires and asking them verbally to input into your evaluations.

Hth

Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Sarah, I've had a good read at the Self Evaluation form and it all makes sense. Think I'm ok with the Parental involvement stuff too. Very annoyed at boiler man not coming to service the boiler, but hey ho, that's easily fixed by contacting someone else.

Can't wait until tomorrow afternoon when it's all over!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had my registration verbally accepted and should receive my certificate in the next couple of weeks - yippee!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries