Handing in notice - best face to face, email, txt??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Handing in notice - best face to face, email, txt??

Ok some of you might have seen my thread about older children the other day. I may be coming across as very inexperienced but I actually worked with children with behavioural difficulties before having my own son so its not that I don't know what I need to do, more that I feel that I don't have the energy for it anymore and want more simplicity. The 8 year old refused to come out of school today, ran away in the playground, shouted at my two year old several times and lied to my face about numerous things in the space of 3 hours. I am also having to wake my toddler to go out every morning, and my 2 year old mindee to do the pm run, so both toddlers are tired and grumpy. I'm fed up and want out!

However, I have never had to give a family notice before and I know the mum is not going to take it well. I don't want to put it off now that I know I need to give notice, but I don't know the best way to approach it. I was thinking of sending an email tonight but then she wont see it until tomorrow and it would be awkward asking if she has read it tomorrow morning. Whats the best approach to get it over and done with? Hand her a letter in the morning?

apr1998
    Post Thanks / Like

Default handing in notice .

Personally i would rather have notice given to me face to face .

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would invite her in for a chat next time she picks up. tell her face to face, then hand her a letter to confirm. it's not nice but you will feel so relieved when you've done it.

maybe turn the tables and give her a different perspective. say you don't think he is very happy here, you don't think the environment is enough for him and maybe suggest an after school club? that' way taking the focus off his behaviour?
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

4. Likes Mouse, Ripeberry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not seen your other post but you don't have to give a reason, you could just word a letter something like "due to personal circumstances........"

I would give it to parent face to face - at least then you know she has got it!

I agree with Juggler you'll feel much better once you've done it.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!