How before pre-reg inspection?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How before pre-reg inspection?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I've noticed a few of you have had your pre-reg inspection and its all gone well - congratulations.
    I've been in constant contact with Ofsted and know that they have all my paperwork and everything is cleared as of from last Tuesday. My question is how long before I get a call about a visit? I've been out of work since November and have a few people waiting to hear when I can start minding. It's very frustrating!

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Nikki I would say any day now I chased my application a few times - the last time I rang (19th Dec) they were still awaiting the Social Services check and two days (Fri 21st dec) later I had the call to make the pre-reg inspection on the Wed 2nd Jan (She was finishing on the afternoon of 21st Dec for the Xmas/New Year hols) - said 4 year old didn't go back to school until the 9th Jan - so she then 10am on the 9th then!! Good luck - it's really not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

From the date your application is complete the inspectors have a 4 week deadline to make the visit (this is what the Ofsted guy told me over the phone when I chased my application).

My application completed on Fri 18th Jan.....I got a call on Wed 23rd Jan to arrange the visit......The visit took place Monday 28th Jan and I'm now awaiting my certificate in the post xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a phone call yesterday (Saturday) and I am getting a visit tomorrow at 10am! I am so nervous and excited at the same time. Thanks for your replies - i'll let you know how I get on.

5. Likes CathyAmy liked this post
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck for tomorrow!

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck Nikki - Hope it goes well

Post Thanks / Like

All done! It took about 3 hours but I'm happy to say that she is passing her recommendation for me to practice and I just have to wait for my certificate which I'm hoping takes around a week.
    So pleased - thanks for your well wishes and replies x

9. Likes CathyAmy, emmamc liked this post