how long does it take....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how long does it take....

Hi, I have my briefing on Monday and was wondering roughly how long it took everyone to become registered as a childminder?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

My briefing was in February

BUT I didn't send my application forms in till July and then didn't send my CRB back till August. So if I am registered by Nov (fingers crossed) that would be 5 months. Maybe 4 if you send your CRBs back as soon as you get them?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping to get on my course in November but theres only 1 place left and I cant book till Tuesday sooo not looking too likely. Then start getting everything else sorted in Jan x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

They told us at our briefing not to send the application form until after you have done the registration course. I wish they had not said this and send the application first as by time crbs are done ofsted wouldn't be coming out until after the registration course anyway. Some people on registration course with me in April had already sent application so had CRB forms back so have been registered a while now whereas I am still waiting!

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string it took me 4 1/2 months from when I first sent my form to ofsted, as soon as i had any forms they were sent back next day, however i know a few people who had been on the same course as me and applied at the same time and were registered within 2 months (i applied to ofsted after completion of my course and first aid, so from first booking onto briefing session to registration was 9 months, other than ofsted being slow lot of that was waiting for a space on a course)
    Hope it all goes smoothly for you

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dawn100 View Post
    It's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string it took me 4 1/2 months from when I first sent my form to ofsted, as soon as i had any forms they were sent back next day, however i know a few people who had been on the same course as me and applied at the same time and were registered within 2 months (i applied to ofsted after completion of my course and first aid, so from first booking onto briefing session to registration was 9 months, other than ofsted being slow lot of that was waiting for a space on a course)
    Hope it all goes smoothly for you
    Yes they seem to have spot of courses in Devon but not oxford lol. Thank you I'm a tad impatient x

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my pre-reg briefing in July, sent my application off at the end of August to get it in before the Revised EYFS, and have my inspection booked for the 29th, so will hopefully have my certificate within the first week or two of November.

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In total it takes about six months to become a fully register as a childminder!!
    Jas Bedi