where is there a shortage of childminders
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    looking to become a
    Post Thanks / Like

Default where is there a shortage of childminders

I started to look into where is best to move to in the UK to set up a childminding business. i had thought Lincolnshire, but soon realised that I need to go where the work is.

Any one help with the best place to start looking please?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Where I am in Kent (will message if you want specifics!) there is definitely a shortage and fees are high at £5.50-£7ph BUT it cost a fortune to live here so not sure how helpful that is.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Our area is chocca with childminders and i mean chocca, but we are all full to the max and always getting enquiries. So its not necessary somewhere with a shortage of cm's, in my street and the next two streets there are 8 cm's, and two more are just registering and have children waiting to start.
    I'm in chester

Non childminder member
    looking to become a
    Post Thanks / Like

thats great to know.

I love kent so might look there instead. It just means in wont get a 4 bed house ill get a 2 bed (i have 2 boys they can share ).

I can afford most places in the UK, I think its tit of tat kind of thing with cost of living to the cost of salary isnt it???

Id rather be in Kent Sussex but was told that Lincolnshire has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the UK, so i put 2 + 2 together and thought they must need childcare. But if i can live anywhere it would funnily enough be Kent or Sussex.

I am looking to have a dog when i get back (we just lost ours ). is this accepted by parents? obviousky the dog will be fine with kids and smaller.

Also what sort of house is best to childmind?

Sorry for sooo many questions, i dont want to pay to rent something for 6 months then descover i cant childmind there!!

thanks you and sorry again for sooo many questions

susi

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have lived in Lincolnshire for just over 4 years.

I have more enquiries than I have places for.

But, these are all word of mouth - people now knowing who I am, and people recc me. I ahvent actually had any 'stranger' phonecalls for over a year.

- I also love living here!

Rachel x

Non childminder member
    looking to become a
    Post Thanks / Like

now i dont know where to go . I was set in Lincolnshire as i htought there would be work there. Imy gut says lincolnshire so i think i will follow that. Usually following your gut is right isnt it (i hope!!!!)

i plan to foster as well so i can do more of that in lincolnshire as well.

If you dont mind me picking brains, if there a best part of lincolnshire to go to?
    Obviously not treading on your toes of course

Susi