Got my first Parent interview today!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Got my first Parent interview today!

Hi everyone!
    I have my first parent interview today and I know that she has another childminder to see so I am really nervous. what questions do you ask and what do you show them in this first meeting? I know the child is in year 2 or 3 and its probably only after school but possibly before school.

I am thinking do i give the parent pack or just ask and answer questions at this point. do i fill out an all about me book? I am so nervous.
    Karen

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

You''ll be fine, jut try to relax, they dont know its your first interview! I would make lots of conversation with the child, what they like to do, about school etc. Maybe not give out paperwork on first meeting unless they want to sign, just show mum your paperwork.good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya Karen I had had my first visit the other week and have my second tonight. I let the parents ask the questions and got the conversation going by asking about their jobs etc once we got talking my nerves settled. what you've got to remember is most parents are as nerous as we are. I put my file with all my policies and certificates in on the table and said they were welcome to look at it. Its very daunting and I know I'll be nervous again tonight. Your be fine just be yourself Good luck xx

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't get the job
    it was only 3 hours a week and maybe some holiday cover, but her childminder does term time only so i may get the holiday work but it doesn't sound enough to bother with. she did like my setting a lot she just liked the other one better.
    Karen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kareninluton View Post
    Didn't get the job
    it was only 3 hours a week and maybe some holiday cover, but her childminder does term time only so i may get the holiday work but it doesn't sound enough to bother with. she did like my setting a lot she just liked the other one better.
    Karen
    Sorry to hear that but at least she let you know and you got some positive feedback.

Hope you get some more enquiries soon

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to here that. The right one will come along soon. At least youve had good feed back and you now know what to expect when parents visit
    My parent is coming back its early and late hours and also some weekends though All swings and rounabouts Good luck with the next one