AHH!! Got my first enquiry!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Chrysalis Guest

Question AHH!! Got my first enquiry!

Hi all, I'm new. I got my registration certificate through yesterday and immediately posted off my insurance forms and everything else I have had ready for weeks lol. Advertising for September start. I just got an email from someone wanting me to look after her boy. I said I'd give her a call next week to have a chat....... What on earth do I say??? I'm rubbish on the phone lol. And I don't quite have everything in place yet...... getting there with all the additional policies not covered on CHiP course and working through the e-books on childcare.co.uk......... Any ideas on what to say on the phone would be very very appreciated! I'm very nervous lol!

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, I'm still waiting for phone calls!

How did they find you if you don't mind me asking?

Jan

Chrysalis Guest

Hi sorry taken so long to reply to you! I still don't have any children the lady who came to visit was very keen but then had some issues with school so has decided to stay at home. I think she found me on Gumtree.

Have you had any luck?

Kerry

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ready for your next call and you will get another one soon, jut answer their questions and invite them around to meet you. I am not great on the phone and find it much easier face to face. I have a website and most parents view that first, so less for me to say as they know a bit about me already. Had an interview today and she said she knew I was the right person just from my website and wants to sign up straight away!

Wishing you all the luck and fingers crossed x

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cas2805 View Post
    Ready for your next call and you will get another one soon, jut answer their questions and invite them around to meet you. I am not great on the phone and find it much easier face to face. I have a website and most parents view that first, so less for me to say as they know a bit about me already. Had an interview today and she said she knew I was the right person just from my website and wants to sign up straight away!

Wishing you all the luck and fingers crossed x
    Hello,

I am a newly registered childminder as well as waiting on enquiries and the first visit. I like the idea that a website works so well for you. Could you possibly send on a link for your website so that I can take a look please? Thanking you.

Wiggle

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggle Wiggle View Post
    Hello,

I am a newly registered childminder as well as waiting on enquiries and the first visit. I like the idea that a website works so well for you. Could you possibly send on a link for your website so that I can take a look please? Thanking you.

Wiggle
    No problem, always great to bump my website up, helps on Google

www.cbchildcare.co.uk

My husband does it for me, he also get me up on Google, so if anyone does a search for childminders in my area, I come up! Let me know if you need any other advice, are you on ***** yet?

Chrysalis Guest

Your website looks great. I recognise the hippo on the front page! haha. Think I definitely need to put some photos on my website. If you have time (anyone!) take a look and any opinions would be great www.chrysalischildminding.co.uk thank you!

I had another phonecall yesterday and one today too! First is coming to see me Monday so fingers crossed! The second was a little odd... just wanted a couple of days in half term and said she'll 'pop in' one day after the school run. I was a bit baffled so agreed and wish I hadn't now... I guess we live and learn!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    Your website looks great. I recognise the hippo on the front page! haha. Think I definitely need to put some photos on my website. If you have time (anyone!) take a look and any opinions would be great www.chrysalischildminding.co.uk thank you!

I had another phonecall yesterday and one today too! First is coming to see me Monday so fingers crossed! The second was a little odd... just wanted a couple of days in half term and said she'll 'pop in' one day after the school run. I was a bit baffled so agreed and wish I hadn't now... I guess we live and learn!
    Good luck with the parent visits.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Chrysalis;1155071]Your website looks great. I recognise the hippo on the front page! haha. Think I definitely need to put some photos on my website. If you have time (anyone!) take a look and any opinions would be great www.chrysalischildminding.co.uk thank you!

Yes the hippo! I want to delete the photo as a child in it left recently, under bad terms, but I love the photo, especially as it is unusual to have a photo with me in!

Your site looks great, looks like you have everything covered. The only thing I would say, is I was advised on here to remove my registration number. As there are parents out there who look up our numbers to make false claims I do have a link to my Ofsted inspection though, I know they can get it through there, but it is a little less obvious. Good luck with the meeting x

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cas2805 View Post
    No problem, always great to bump my website up, helps on Google

www.cbchildcare.co.uk

My husband does it for me, he also get me up on Google, so if anyone does a search for childminders in my area, I come up! Let me know if you need any other advice, are you on ***** yet?
    Thank you, Cas2805 for sharing.Wow! you have a lovely website! You are very lucky to have your husband who is able to help with this. No I am not on ***** yet? Have you found it has worked for you?

Thank you, again.

Chrysalis Guest

Thumbs down

Noted on the Ofsted number! I'll remove it now It's a shame tax credits don't check with the registered person that they are actually providing the care! I bet they give out a lot of money for fake claims!

I'm still waiting for work, I'm getting really disheartened now I've worked so hard to get my house/insurance (car & PL)/etc. ready for childminding and I'm starting to feel it was all a total waste of time and money!

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggle Wiggle View Post
    Thank you, Cas2805 for sharing.Wow! you have a lovely website! You are very lucky to have your husband who is able to help with this. No I am not on ***** yet? Have you found it has worked for you?

Thank you, again.
    Yes ***** has helped my business, I do babysitting as well, and definitely got work from there, usually about one a month!

Have you got a poster up in your local children's centre? Some centres have a book that parents can look at too, worth asking. Do you do a school run, some schools have a list of childminders that go to their school, just in case a parent asks. Keep going, will get work soon x