Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: childcare.co.uk

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default childcare.co.uk

Hi there, I'm so mad right now, have just gone onto my account with childcare.co.uk and have found that a new childminder in my area has copied my fees exactly word for word, including the hours (ie I have a 7am-9am price and a 8am-9am price, different before/after school combined prices, plus am/pm price etc etc). It literally has been copied and pasted. I put fees on as I like parents to see but I didn't think they would be taken by another childminder. Now I want to take them off, but then 'her' fees will be on display. Sorry just wanted to vent really and had no-one else to do it too.. Thanks

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would have been tempted to write to her and offer her a copy of my policys and procedures to copy too as she obviously doesn't have a brain of her own!

I suppose its a form of flattery but I wouldn't be amused either
    Last edited by Bridey; 12-07-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Apr 12
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol yes I should do. Well I wouldn't mind if it was at least disguised a bit, or she contacted me and asked about prices, but copied word for word! Good job we do different school pick ups and that I have mindees already lined up! I have sent her an email saying I don't think its on. Heyho

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would message Richard through the site and tell him you would like the other advert removed or changed and see if he can help you. I remember a similar thread where all the cms marketing blurb had been copied word for word.

Apr 12
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to seem petty but I am slightly peeved! Will see if I get a reply of the person, then may complain if not. Thank you!

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Definately complain, they can see that this minder will have registered after you, this is proof enough.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I never display my fees anywhere. I would just go on and remove your fees. Its not worth the fuss don't sink to her level rise above it.

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My profile was copied on there. I reported it to Richard and he checked it out and then suspended the minders account until she'd edited to her own words.

Apr 12
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the replies, I was just going to remove my fees but don't think she should get to display them but yes also dont want to be petty over it. Will make a comment though if she doesnt reply as its just rude! My husband pointed out if you copy something from a registered business and use it as your own you would be in trouble, not quite the same league but still. Cutthroat this job lol

Apr 12
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

She didn't reply but she has taken the fees down, which is good. But think I will do the same! Thanks everyone

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a CM copy every single bit of my advertisement on the childcare website, she has even put that she has the same size playroom and the same amount of pets!!!

I contacted the childcare website people who replied saying I should speak to her myself and there was nothing they could do.