Advertising!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Advertising!!

Keeley77 Guest

Default Advertising!!

Hi, this is the first time i'v posted on this site.

I just wanted to say how helpful some of the messages are on here.

I have only been registered since Jan and have been struggling to get much interest, other than the occasional emergency cover.

I paid to join Childcare.co.uk but have had no success with them. I really wish now that I didn't waste the money. I also didn't realise that Parents also had to "upgrade to gold membership" (ie pay) if they want to contact a childminder!!

Has anyone else had success with the site?

I know that I can approach parents who have registered on the site and initiate contact, but i'v noticed that many of the messages remain unopened which seems odd.

Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have contacted parents on there and they haven't opened the e-mails?? Can't understand it!!
    I didn't realise that they couldn't contact us unless they are gold too, seems a bit unfair! xx

Feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the point of not allowing parents to initiate contact is to give paid members an advantage - in that only paid mambers can initiate contact with the parents.

Not a paid up member yet - but thinking about it.

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I paid to upgrade to gold (using a voucher from on here so it was half price!) but even though I can contact parents the e-mail's stay unread? Perhaps they don't see/get notification they have got them unless they are gold members too? Not sure how it works. xx

june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ya, yeah, as a newley reg childminder too, i too paid the £20 fee to upgrade to gold, but also not getting any where, its not been long though so maybe ill be more successful the longer im on there, however i do feel £20 per month is very expensive if you don't gain any work from it, i also didn't realise the parents also have to have gold membership to reply to us?

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I've had quite a few of my messages un opened. however i have also had some interest on there, one parent just signed contract. Ive started to get bit cheeky though. if no one has opened the message, some have mobile numbers on there so i've text them .
    tad forward i know but they wouldn't have put it on if they didnt want to be contacted on it lol.

i've had everyone reply that way, weather they have already found care or they have booked visit to see me.

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, welcome to the forum, it's lovely here!

I did pay initially as I figured for the cost of 2 days work I could potentially get a long term contract. I didn't.

All my work has been word of mouth, with 1 mindee coming from an ad I replied to from a parent on *****. She wanted totally different hours and days than I could offer but she sounded lovely so I contacted her anyway!! Good job in the end

Just this week I've had 2 calls from parents who've seen my website. One parent wasn't even looking to go back to work just yet but liked what she saw so got in touch!!

hth

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beaka View Post
    Well I paid to upgrade to gold (using a voucher from on here so it was half price!) but even though I can contact parents the e-mail's stay unread? Perhaps they don't see/get notification they have got them unless they are gold members too? Not sure how it works. xx
    Where did you find the voucher? Really want to join childcare.co.uk but can't afford it

23/8/12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Have you tried registering with ASK? or does that happen automatically when you are registered? I would say they are one of the best for finding out about childcare? I have also gone to the local school and told them I am pre-reg. They have a before and afterschool and I think they have a duty to provide parents of childcare details.
    I am also getting a car magnet (I have posters up in my car at the moment).
    Hope this helps?