Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Worried now about numbers...

...at my pre-reg visit last week I remember the inspector saying I could have 2 under 5 and 2 between 5 & 8.
    Now my daughter was being a nightmare and so it didn't all really sink in - I presumed she meant 2 under 5 alongside DD (19 months) and 2 between 5 & 8 alongside DS (6 years).
    Now I am worrying she meant 2 under 5 INCLUDING DD and 2 between 5 & 8 INCLUDING DS.... she said what a lot of room I had considering I am in a 2 bed flat (I am lucky it is quite spacious and modern as it is newly built).
    Guess I will have to wait for my certificate to come through...wish it would HURRY UP!

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

the max number you can usually be registered for is 6 children under the age of 8yrs. this will include your own children.
    Of those 6 children only 3 may be under 5yrs and of those only one may be under one.
    Your children are 19/12 and 6yrs so you may have another 4 children.
    only 2 of these 4 can be under 5yrs .
    so yes you did understand her correctly in the first place