weekend, evening and bank holiday rates
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default weekend, evening and bank holiday rates

Hi all

I'm new to childminding and my first clients are both doctors at the local hospital so work shifts. I may occassionally do weekends, evenings and bank holidays for them. What do you think would be a reasonable rate to ask for given that the standard rate here is £5 ph?

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything outside of my core hours of 7.30 - 6.30 I would charge double rate but if you feel that's too much how about time and a half? I wouldn't do it for any less as if/when you get busy it might get a bit much to do these hours on top of a full working week?

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Weekdays and Saturdays I charge time and a half outside of my core hours, Sundays would be double time if I chose to work them (not been asked to and would have to seriously think about it as I need time with my own kiddlywinks)

May 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding.
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge time and a half for weekdays and Saturdays but double for Bank holidays and Sundays. I would imagine they will be paid extra for unsocial hours.