My name is Jackie and I am an Ofsted registered childminder. UntilChristmas 2014 I spent 20 years as a teacher in a large school in London. I also have 4 adult children and 7 small grandchildren, 6 of whom are aged between 2 and 6. So you can see, I have lots of experience of working and having fun with children.

I live in Addlestone with my daughter, Natalie, who is also an Ofsted registered childminder, and her 4 year old son. Natalie and I work together so that we can provide a flexible service with a high children to adults ratio.

Both Natalie and I love working with children and we aim to provide a safe, but stimulating environment where children can flourish, whilst having fun and learning at the same time.

The children we care for get involved in lots of different activities, including, arts and crafts, going on gruffalo and bear hunts, searching for mini-beasts, going to on trips to the local park or soft play area, playing with our water wall, dressing up and singing and dancing and much more. We always make sure that we know what your child is interested in so that we can build these into our activities to ensure they stay interested and enthusiastic.

Our home has an enclosed garden, which, as much as possible, we try to use as an extension to the inside. There is also a play area in the house and our living room which is use for quiet time or for activities which need a little more room, such as singing and dancing

We are situated less than a minute away from Addlestone train station and if you are a commuter you are welcome to leave your car in our driveway to save yourself the costs of parking at the station, although this is subject to spaces being available. There are also good bus links within a couple of minutes of our home.

We can do drop offs or pick ups from St Paul's or Sayes Court schools and from local nurseries. It might also be possible to collect from other local school, such as Darly Dene.

Our hours are 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday.

We will accept 2, 3 & 4 year old funding

My relevant qualifications:
Ofsted registration
CHiPS course (this is the childminding course Surrey childminders must do)
Safeguarding course
Paediatric first aid course
Food Hygiene certificate
Post Graduate Certificate of Education (this is my Qualified Teacher Status)

If you feel we can help with your childcare, please contact me through forum messages

Many thanks for reading

Jackie