My name is Andrea and I am a mother of 3 wonderful children (a daughter of 5 years and sons of 3 years and 15 months).

I am an OFSTED registered child-minder living in the Camp area of St Albans who is available for school drop off/ pick up from Cunningham Hill school (where my daughter is a pupil), Camp school and Little Stars.

Having previously been a working Mum, I know how important it is to find someone you feel you can truly trust to care and protect your children. I also know that working families need a great deal of flexibility from their child-minder and I always do my best to accommodate these needs.

I love children; being with them and watching them grow and develop. To that end I seek to provide a happy, ‘home from home’ environment and offer stimulation from a range of post-school activities e.g. arts/crafts and cooking.

Breakfast is available before school and home cooked hot nutritious meals at the end of the day. I have a playroom with plenty of toys/games for all ages/genders and a safe garden for outdoor play. It is a non-smoking house and I have no pets.

I 'open my doors' at 7.30am and 'close' at 6.30pm - giving parents a little longer to return from work for pick-up than that offered by ‘after school clubs’..

I am registered with OFSTED (see Ofsted | Andrea Hester for details of my recent Inspection Report), have a Diploma in Primary Education, a BA (hons) in Business Studies and a wealth of relevant experience gained from bringing up my own young children. I am a member of the National Child Minding Association (NCMA), a member of the Cunningham Hill Infant School PTA and an active member of the St Albans NCT.

Whilst I usually provide childcare 5 days a week, I recognise that many parents require cover on only certain days of the week or on an ad hoc basis. I aim to be as flexible as possible.

I am happy to accept childcare vouchers.

I currently have some vacancies, so please feel free to ring me and come and see my family home. I look forward to meeting you and your child.