Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Income

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Income

I really hope you all don't think i'm being cheeky...but can i ask what you earn on average a year? I'm just getting a little worried that i'm not going to earn enough I am wanting to do this job for my love of children and as a way of being at home with my own son but i would be lying to say i'm not interested in earning a wage that we can live happily from when combined with my partner's of course! I worked in a nursery before and the wage was rubbish compared to what most people earn in other professions but for childcare i guess not too bad at all...£11,000 a year. I'm not expecting to earn that much childminding but not sure what i can expect to earn really???

Kelly

jul 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    out standing
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Income

you can work out expected earning by average hours x weeks attend - holidays at that rate etc for an idea i earn over 15k
    outstanding x 2

Post Thanks / Like

What you can earn is up to you really depending on how many days/hours you want to work

You can earn a reasonable wage but there are lots of expenses to take into account too

Also you can't ever guarantee an income - you may have spaces unfilled or people leaving for all sorts of reasons

Sorry don't mean to be discouraging but it is hard to say you will earn this, this or this

miffy xx

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It all comes down to how many children you have and how many hours you work last tax year through childminding I earned just over £5000 before expenses etc, but I only work part time