Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Double Buggies - help!

I'm urgently looking for a double buggy!!

I had my first mindee today and borrowed a friend's Century buggy from Argos and it was awful. I'm quite tall so I found the handles really low compared to my quinny buzz.

I'm having him again next Fri so if anyone could offer some suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Emma xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Double Buggies - help!

I have a little tykes double buggy which was the lightest one I could get at the time (I've had it a few years so don't know if they still make them). I like it cos it's got a solid handle

Maybe you could go to a shop and "test drive" a few

miffy xx

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the handles higher on the Cosatto Duo Light (same as Mothercare Hoxton). But this is one in front of the other and hard to push if they are older/heavier IMO.

Otherwise I think the handles on the Maclaren Techno Twin are slightly higher than the Century.

Personally I found the Century one perfect (used this on holiday in Majorca last year) but I am a shortie, lol!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely shop around before you buy. They cost too much to get it wrong. I borrowed a Maclaren twin one from a minder friend while I was looking for mine but I hated it. I found it really hard to push and heavy. I think everyone also places importance on different things. Yours is obviously the height of the handles. Mine was - well I had a massive list of requirements which is probably why it took me so long to find one I was happy with. I would be inclined to try and manage with the borrowed one if possible for a few weeks while you decide what to do.

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a M&P twin aria a few weeks ago and I love it. It's much lighter than most of the others available. I bought it from www.glasgowpramcentre.co.uk. They are cheaper than other retailers.

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my Graco stadium duo tandem sooooo easy to push xx

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Having had twins, double buggies have been a continuous presence in my life and have had quite a few over the past 2 years but far the best and the last one I will ever buy is my Phil & Teds Sport.

Its a tandem buggy but no longer than a single buggy. Fits easily into the boot of my Fiesta, is lightweight and easy to get up and down kerbs. However the big plus point for me is that it easily converts into a single buggy by just removing the back seat.

Its suitable for 2 toddlers or baby and toddler.

Only downside I've found is lack of space to put change bags and shopping but other than that I think its fantastic.

Kiddicare do some great deals with them. We got free raincover and travel cot with ours. Can't recommend it enough. Its not cheap (about £360) but is very well made and sturdy without being heavy and cumbersome.

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I think I will go to Mothercare during the week and have a look at a few.

Will let you know how I get on.
    Emma xxx

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a mothercare twin urban detour which is a dream to push. I can push it up a hill with one hand with 2 toddlers in it. The only problem is it won't fit in the boot of a small car but I don't use my car much.

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Little Shield Meribel side by side - the handles are good and high, it's not too heavy and is lovely to push. good big baskets too. fits in my front door and hence no probs while out shopping etc.

Also have had a push of a Nipper 360 side by side and it was a delicious pushchair! so light could push it with a finger lol, fits through most doors/front gates ( just wouldn't get in front door at my house! would have bought one but I just couldn't afford it

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_M View Post
    I have a Little Shield Meribel side by side - the handles are good and high, it's not too heavy and is lovely to push. good big baskets too. fits in my front door and hence no probs while out shopping etc.

Also have had a push of a Nipper 360 side by side and it was a delicious pushchair! so light could push it with a finger lol, fits through most doors/front gates ( just wouldn't get in front door at my house! would have bought one but I just couldn't afford it
    That's the one I have and I love it. I find it much easier to push than my single Maclaren. I use it mostly for walks around our village and school runs. It is a bit awkward to get in and out of the car but it only weighs about 9kg so not heavy. If I need to go anywhere with a skinny doorway I take the single with buggy board

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered mine off ebay, brand new and it turned up within 48 hours only cost me 69.99 AND 10 for del, its worth looking, good luck xxx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by louised View Post
    I have a mothercare twin urban detour which is a dream to push. I can push it up a hill with one hand with 2 toddlers in it. The only problem is it won't fit in the boot of a small car but I don't use my car much.
    I think I looked at that one last week and it really was lovely to push only snag was assistant didn't think I could attatch a buggy board to it.

So for now I have to keep looking

Carol xx

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I resently brought a graco duo sport off ebay only used it for the first time couple weeks ago it kept getting stuck on the steps (rows of 8 ) i have to go up and down the brake kept coming on so had to pull it up with brakes on nearly killed me! never again. The only road way off my estate is a busy one with no pathment so i'm now looking for a tamdom one any ideas anyone?

Angela
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

JUNE 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emma82 View Post
    I'm urgently looking for a double buggy!!

I had my first mindee today and borrowed a friend's Century buggy from Argos and it was awful. I'm quite tall so I found the handles really low compared to my quinny buzz.

I'm having him again next Fri so if anyone could offer some suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

The Marco polo ones are good. I bought one off e-bay but it was a different make bebekins i think and it was really good. Its the same size as a single which is also a perk. The only downfall i found was because im short so i found the handles to high up so this would be perfect for you!
    This was mine but i refused to sell it on e-bay for £35 when i paid £200 for it!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have moved this from the 'Questions about the forum' section
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had the following:

double maclaren - awful, heavy and hard to steer

out and about double nipper - ok but as its only 3 wheels it tips sometimes on heavier side

double graco thing - worse than maclaren

graco one in front of the other thing - heavy and difficult to get up and down curbs, not great if you have 2 same age as front one doesn't recline much for sleep.

mountain buggy - fantastic and I love this one! Bit pricey though as £600 new and average £400 second hand on ebay