Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Me again!!

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Me again!!

Hi, I have another query about my pre-reg visit tomorrow. I have a downstairs toilet so am registering downstairs only, but am now panicking about the downstairs toilet is not going to be good enough! Obviously there is a toilet and sink, but there is also my boiler and washing machine in there. I have done a risk assessment on this room so have put that I will be placing something round the boiler so that the children do not touch it, that the washing machine door will be closed and I will be supervising at all times. Do you think there will be a problem? Just keep thinking of things that they won't be happy with. We only moved in to our house 6 months ago and have done so much to get the house ready that I don't want something simple to stop this going ahead.
    Thanks

Mel x

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Your risk assessment of this area seems fine, I would possibly add that the washing machine would remain off when childminding if you haven't already stated this in your RA. Good luck and I'm jealous because I don't have a downstairs loo, it would be so much easier for me!
    Alison x

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, maybe mention that the washing machine will be off at the mains when not working, so if buttons are pressed nothing will happen.

That way slightly older 'inquisitive' children that you wouldn't supervise going to the toilet won't be able to get themselves in trouble