Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default advice needed please

my assistant is been tested today for glandular fever, shes not been to good since xmas but like we do we keep going well shes been off this wk ive managed as ive had 2 off sick, but if test results come back positive tommorrow im going to struggle as 3 days we have 5 under 5s, will have to ring ofsted i no a variation for 4 would hopefully granted but 5 help? and if i have to give notice how do i choose? also ive the notice periodyes im stressed i feel for her as she is really ill but my parents all need me any advice please

Post Thanks / Like

I'd approach Ofsted and I would hope they would be sympathetic in the circumstances and grant you a variation for 5 under 5.

Good luck and hope your assistant makes a speedy recovery

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard of cm have a variation for 5 under 5. Hope things get sorted for you. Sorry not much help.

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope she feels better soon, I've suffered from the same thing and I hate to tell you this but I was bedridden for 6 weeks and really weak for months.

I hope you get something sorted and I hope your assistant does feel better quickly

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do you know anyone who could step in to help you for a few weeks?

Hugs to your assistant I hope she is feeling better soon xx

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just what I was thinking, is there anyone who could step in temporarily and help you out? let us know what happens...

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your replys ive had a bad night worrying how to manage going to see what results are this morn then ring ofsted see what they say my dh is my assistant but only as emergency if shes late or ill for day or so as hes driving instructor but if it means keeping the lo so my assistant still has a job i would need him to juggle driving the 3 days i have 5 as it would be 8-9 11.45-2.30 then hopefully ofsted would grant me a variation for 4?????
    il let you no later today what happens and thanks for kind words il pass them onto my assistant she really is poorly

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default update

Quote Originally Posted by sandy64 View Post
    my assistant is been tested today for glandular fever, shes not been to good since xmas but like we do we keep going well shes been off this wk ive managed as ive had 2 off sick, but if test results come back positive tommorrow im going to struggle as 3 days we have 5 under 5s, will have to ring ofsted i no a variation for 4 would hopefully granted but 5 help? and if i have to give notice how do i choose? also ive the notice periodyes im stressed i feel for her as she is really ill but my parents all need me any advice please
    hi well she hasnt got glandular fever doctor has said its a virus and needs complete rest, so have rang ofsted and been granted for 2weeks only 5 under 5 they have also added i can have 4 under 5 permanetly till one leaves or is at school so after shaking nervously on phone glad i did but still hope shes better and back with me soon thanks for advice

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh good, glad you're sorted . Good to hear your assistant is not suffering from glandular fever too: my sister couldn't work for almost 6 months she was so bad with it.

Good luck with all the little ones, now you'll have to make sure you take extra care of yourself: its going to be a tiring few weeks!!

best wishes,
    Wendy