Helping out at cubs has got me a full timer for Sept. WOW.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Helping out at cubs has got me a full timer for Sept. WOW.

it really does go to show that we are always being watched ( in a nice way). once people know you a minder, lots more people say Hi and i have to say I am feeling very positive with it all still.
    wish id done it years ago.

im not full, and choose not too, but two of my p/t mindees go to school in sept and not one that i can pick up at.
    i wasnt really concentrating on filling the spaces again, because i do have enough with my schoolies and the one lo 3 days a week.

anyway - i help out at cubs regualry and had a call from the daughter of our leader and she said her mum recommended me, and that she would love me to look after her grandaughter.

not that i was worrying about sept time, but now its sorted for me. and all through jsut helping out and being me.

jsut thought id share, because those trying to get any mindees or fill spaces, think about local clubs - its ideal place to advertise yourself. it worked for me and i didnt even realise.
    Weightloss -2lbs (14lb to go)

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you it just shows there is no better advertisement than your self, I'm really proud of what I do in my job and tell everyone I'm a Childminder, I think my enthusiasm for my work comes across and I have always been as full as I want to be.

June 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Nearly all of mine have come through people i've met at parent and toddler groups.

One I took on last September was at a nursery and she told my childminding friend that she would never have dreamt of using a childminder until she met me and my friend.
    Jules

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news - well done!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

that's brilliant! well
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

well done thats fab
    XX Jill XX

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baildon bears View Post
    Well done you it just shows there is no better advertisement than your self, I'm really proud of what I do in my job and tell everyone I'm a Childminder, I think my enthusiasm for my work comes across and I have always been as full as I want to be.
    you are spot on there, people have tried to tell me their opinions of other CMs here but ive ssaid 'id rather not know thanks' although i do have anidea anyway.
    it really does show that your best advertisiment comes from how you are with others all the time not just when working.

i an also enthusatic about my job, its the best ever. I had a text of a parent (jsut out the blue) saying a big thank you for helping her and she has noticed her girls have become so much more confident because they have a great relationship with me.
    Weightloss -2lbs (14lb to go)