Registered Childminder since
    mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Playing the waiting game

Hi ladies (and gents),

Just need to vent.

I absolutely HATE the 'waiting for the phone call' part of this job.

I am losing my full timer (and scoolie sibling) in a few weeks due to them moving out of town, anyway, I had a really lovely lady with 14month old twins visit friday, the children were fab, we had a nice chat she said she really liked what she saw but had 2 more minders to see and she would let me know early next week. I cant relax;

a, because I need to fill my spaces

b, because im rubbish at waiting

and c, because im rubbish at waiting lol

Does anybody else get like this?

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate it too, what really gets my goat is when people don't have the manners to get back to you at all!

Hope you get a phone call soon!

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel, I am so impatient and the more you wait the more you worrie, it's really silly because at the end of the day, If they don't choose you some one else better will come along. I'm a great beleaver in things happen for a reason.

Oct 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly how you feel, I am waiting on a phone call too from someone needing 2 full day's a week. She saw me on Thursday and my best mate on Tuesday and said it's between us!

I just want to know now!

jumpinjen Guest

I'm terrible at waiting too - we just had to wait a week to hear if we had had an offer accepted on a house - I was fine to start with then towards the end got really tense and couldn't concentrate on anything - waiting stinks! Hope you get them!! Jen x

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar situation to you last May. My FT mindee and schoolie sibling went to an adhoc contract (ie 3/4x a month).

I was on tenterhooks about replacing them, and had many parents contact me, visit and say they would give me an answer at the end of the week. Bla bla ......

But looking back, (I've signed on 4 since then), two said straight away and we almost sorted out contracts immediately, but the other two, I honestly thought parents had gone elsewhere. I refuse to contact parents to ask (cos I am too chicken) and as they hadn't been in touch, I just looked beyond and hoped for the next enquiry. Well, both of these parents did actually get hold of me about 3/4 weeks later, wanting to start

Anyway, hope your wait isn't too painful

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies, glad its not just me.

Zoomie, I think I would want to throttle them if they made me wait that long lol

Keep your fingers crossed for me that i hear either way, I cant bare them just disappearing off the face of the earth.

x

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't hear for three months for my current mindee.

They saw me in Jan... seemed really keen, came back to go over paperwork (nearly three hour meeting ) then I didn't hear a thing apart from my DD's best friend's Mum knows my Mindees Mum's, friend who told her they wanted me.

Got a call in April asking if I had the vacancy still. Turns out Mum's job was put at "risk" and they didn't know if they would be in a position to carry on. All signed and mindee still with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed they don't keep you waiting too long.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Well mum of twins e-mailed me last night to say she has gone with another childminder bacuse she only charges £2.50 p/hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpots View Post
    Well mum of twins e-mailed me last night to say she has gone with another childminder bacuse she only charges £2.50 p/hour.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope something else comes up soon

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear that. Strange how people go for cheapest option for the most precious things in their lives.

Couple here (Daddy a doctor, mummy a teacher) has gone for non registered (so called) childminder because she is cheap!!!!!!

hope you find some one else very soon