Working with assistant/partner - help with my worry pls?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Working with assistant/partner - help with my worry pls?

Hiya

My partner is thinking of working with me and we can fill the spaces but something is worrying me and im not sure if Im being silly?

Im worried that with extra children my house will look overcrowded and put current and potential families off?

What are your thoughts please? xx

Thanks
    Network and Support Childminder Ofsted rated "Good"

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on your house. I have a 3 bedroom cottage - *****mind on the ground floor and use the available space. After school I can have up to 9 children here ranging from 3 up to 9 yrs and the house seems to absorb them. My house doesn't look overcrowded and I love it when they all sit around the table for meals. Its rowdy yes - but happy - fun - spirited and good kind of happy rowdy. In the day I quite often have other CM friends round with their gang - i've had 12 before now - and the house and garden just swell to accomodate them.

I did worry that parents would think I was taking on vast numbers to bring in the wonga - but my house is still homely and children are settled and content which although I have lots of kids i've not lost the homely feel. It definately does not feel like a nursery.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

If you use your space to it's full potential then you will be fine.
    I work with my patner and we find that parents like that their child gets a balance between home setting/ small nursery.

Go for it x x and good luck

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

same here - make the most of the space and it will be fine. It can be loud at times but be organised make sure the kitchen & toys are all tidy before all mindees go home. Go for it.
    CWR

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

as others have said use the space obviously ofsed will only grant extra children if they think you have ample space for lo, so if ofsted happy why shudnt parents be

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

This was my worry but the house DOES just seem to absorb them, it feels a litttle bit empty on the days i work alone now.