DOGGIE POO - SORRY!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DOGGIE POO - SORRY!

Hi all,

Just wondered if I did the right thing yesterday?

I pick up child x from school 3 days a week and yesterday, soon after we had got home, I noticed a small brown mark on my bottom stair (the children all sit here to take their shoes off). On further investgation I realised it was dogs poo. I checked all shoes and it was child x's shoe. The bottom of his shoe was SO covered in poo, it was ridiculous. Anyway, with 2 babies, child x and my own DS (4) to care for, I was not going to spend time in the garden, clearing up dogs poo, so I put the shoes outside on the door step for mum to take away with her . (They always drive). She didn't have a problem with this at all but was that a bit harsh of me? What would you all have done?

I should point out that I believe that the poo came from during school time and not from our journey home as I am so careful to make sure we have poo free journeys and there was no sign of any poo on the same route that evening as I got my husband to check (I know, but I did)

Thanks all!

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have upto 9 children with me after school, I don't have time to clean dog-poo off shoes. The last time a little girl trod in dog poo, her shoes were left outside the front door until collection time.

L.

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the time either so again any shoes with dog poo on them get left on the doorstep for the parents to take home

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

same here! dog poo shoes not allowed in the house and i don't touch them !!!

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no way that I would have time or it would be safe for me to leave the children alone in the house while I went outside to clean them! You def did the right thing

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep - Offending shoes are put in a nappy bag and left outside the front door!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reassurances

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do same leave them then tell parents at pick up. also I regularly ring council two or three times week make them aware of poo on pavement on way to school they are really good and must times if I ring in morning poo has gone by 3 o'clock ..
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Post Thanks / Like

What would I have done?

I would have thrown the shoes in the nearest bin and then I would have been sick Yuk Yuk I hate it and would not have been able to clean it up although I have in the past

On a more serious note I think you did the right thing .... I have cleaned them in the past .... mad woman that I am

Angel xx

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm terrible on the school runs, telling the children constantly to watch that dog poo, watch that cow poo, watch that horse poo, not that you can miss it sometimes.

I agree no way will I clean poo off the shoes, it's bad enough doing the nappies sometimes

Carol xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, I normally would clean it off. If the child was in my care, I would clean the shoes. If I used a cm I would be very annoyed if they sent dirty shoes home from an incident that happened when the child was with them.

The times I don't are when children go out the front door with parents and run all over my front lawn. They never do it with me, but will do when their parents are there. The reason I tell them not to as that there is often fox poop on the lawn. I explain this to parents (and children), but if they are not going to stop their child, they have to take them home with dirty shoes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Now, I normally would clean it off. If the child was in my care, I would clean the shoes. If I used a cm I would be very annoyed if they sent dirty shoes home from an incident that happened when the child was with them.

The times I don't are when children go out the front door with parents and run all over my front lawn. They never do it with me, but will do when their parents are there. The reason I tell them not to as that there is often fox poop on the lawn. I explain this to parents (and children), but if they are not going to stop their child, they have to take them home with dirty shoes.
    So I'm not the only mad one then

It really makes me gag though,yukkkk

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    So I'm not the only mad one then

It really makes me gag though,yukkkk

Angel xx
    Luckily it hasn't happened very often, as I do struggle to do it

It's one time when I'm soooooo grateful that I have disposable gloves. I usually have a baby wipe shoved up each nostril and I'm heaving while I do it!

onceinabluemoon Guest

I would clean them off too, the child was in my care therefore it's my responsibility.

At the very least (if I was soooo busy I couldn't do it properly) I would scrape the worst off. I suppose it doesn't bother me as much because I am a dog owner so pick up poop on a daily basis.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not have properly cleaned then, but just run the hopse on the bottom of them to try and get most off, then I would leave them outside. I would then put them in a nappy sack and tell parent.

Years ago I was in my living room and saw a woman walk her dog and she was let her dog take a dump on my front garden. I watched her and was ready to run out the door with a nappy sack. Sure enough she went to walk off and leave it I ran out the door and shouted at her to pick it up. She shrugged so I told her to take the nappy sack or I would get the shovel and throw it AT her . She picked it, saying "God, no need to get OTT"

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have put them in a nappy sack too. Sorry but that is one thing I cannot deal with! Espescially when I am preparing food as soon as I come in - no way. I am really careful walking home however there is so much poo along the street we have to walk down - it's ridiculous. I have complained to the council but don't suppose they can do much. On one (longish) street there are at least seven or eight new poos every morning. Can't hardly believe so many people don't bother to pick it up. Sometimes we've had to go into the road in order to get past it. I better write a Risk Assessment actually now, thinking about it. Doo Poo is the worst. I can feel a rant coming actually. It has ruined many days out for us. We have lovely fields at the back of our house but I can't actually let the children explore them because there is poo absolutely everywhere.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a lot of dog poo on our paths and its really annoys me,, I wouldnt have cleaned it off purley because I wouldnt want to leave the other children alone in the house whilst I did so and because i cant trust them all to stand still by the road when we are aout and about to do so. I also think with the older ones that if they dont listen when you say mind the poo that it tough luck on them. I also dont then allow them to play in the garden with the others in those shoes, fine if they have a spare pair but I dont want dog poo all over my garden,, we have a fenced of bit for our dog because of this reason.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I would have cleaned them too. I figure if it's happened in my care it's my duty to clean them. What would happen if you had had to go out again, you would have had to clean them then surely?
    I would have told mum that I had cleaned them but tell her to check them as I might not have got every bit off.

xxxx

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have tried to clean them if I could- if I was too busy with the children/ cooking/ other parents, or if it would have meant leaving children unattended, then no I wouldn't, I'd put them in a bag to go home.

I've had a child arrive with poop on their shoes in the morning and had to clean it, yuck! Parent insists on walking across my lawn, and moans at me about the poo on it (mainly fox but possibly sometimes cat, although there aren't many cats round here) DON'T WALK ON IT THEN, USE THE PATH!

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    I would clean them off too, the child was in my care therefore it's my responsibility.

At the very least (if I was soooo busy I couldn't do it properly) I would scrape the worst off. I suppose it doesn't bother me as much because I am a dog owner so pick up poop on a daily basis.
    I agree with the above

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast