Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice to be appreciated!!

I have had some lovely presents and cards with such lovely words in from parents, sometimes its nice to know that parents do actually appreciate what we do!!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw your post and thought... "Oh dear, what now?" lol (as in so many parent horror stories)

It is nice when people post about the good parents. I am lucky both families are lovely. I love baking cakes and one day parent came to collect her children and came in with a "Gormet Cupcake" from Canary Wharf to just say thanks lol. T'was scrummy lol

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got some wine off my parent yesterday and Rose and Alfoe got gifts too.
    love Sarah.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i have some nice cards and some lovely gifts under my tree.

My parents are all lovely
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

My 'new' parents ( about 3 months) gave me a £30.00 Amazon voucher!!

And my mindees that I've had for over a year and a half who just left me as well gave me a box of roses... and that's it. way to undervalue all the hard work and changing hours i've done for them.
    Marnie x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a get together with some ex mindees and mums yesterday - they came armed with gifts

flowers, plant, chocs, biscuit tin, Baileys and Prosecco.

we had a lovely time and all the children got a present from me too
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnieb View Post

And my mindees that I've had for over a year and a half who just left me as well gave me a box of roses... and that's it. way to undervalue all the hard work and changing hours i've done for them.
    Still at least you got something... Could have got a hug and a thank you, you cant sit in the corner of the kitchen scoffing that now can you lol

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i had some amazing flowers from a mum last week, although child is still coming this week, she said she wanted me to be able to apreciate them! also gave me a christmas card that said 'thank you for letting X become part of your family'. so sweet, i almost cried.

been getting a steady supply of chocolates from everyone else, oh, and a card from child who has left saying they miss me lots.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I've already had lovely home made hamper including 4 bottles of wine, cheese n chocolates

more gifts under the tree, one parent paid an extra £30 plus pressies and the words in my cards are lovely

so so nice to be appreciated

I am very thankfull that ALL my parents are wonderful, a lot to be grateful for

Last day today so merry christmas to you all

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

all my parents arrived with several presents for both of my children and me, and all told me that they love coming here and thankyou for all my work in the past year and look forward to next year,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnieb View Post

I have had two lots leave, who I have bent over backwards to help and swapped around and there was nothing, not even a thank you for all you have done. Still all my others over the years have made up for it. I have a pessie under my tree from a before schooler and my son got a nice lego set for his birthday on Monday from my regular mindie

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been truly spoilt this year, some have come armed with gifts for my girls which is nice (though they didn't look after their children pmsl!!!) and most have come bearing a gift of a bottle or box of something for me. This is the first year in 3 yrs i've really been spoilt. The things I treasure the most is when they buy me a xmas decoration. I have 2 sets of parents who both give me really unusual decorations and they go on my tree. They are lovely.

Its definately very nice to be 'thanked' and I have to say having been in a position where I received nothing at all, and sometimes not even a card (the same family springs to mind for 3 yrs on the trot) even a card or box of chocs is a welcome treat, I don't apply any monitory value to it - just the thought is enough.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had two lovely cards, 1 said 'thanks for being fabulous' the other said 'X loves coming to you every day'. I was so touched and they mean more than the presents they gave me - 1 also gave a present to my DS!

The other 3 families... well I doubt we'll even get a card tbh.

(Warning - big whinge alert!)
    What I do find a bit hard is that 4 out of 5 families don't give anything (even a card) to my DS for his birthday or Xmas. He's only a toddler and has to share his toys, home and mummy with their children every day and is (usually) a real sweety about it all - I'd really love it if parents recognised it. Is that really unfair? or expecting too much? After all, they gratefully accept - Easter, Birthday and Xmas presents from us.

I guess their view is that they pay me to do a job (which of course they do - but CMing is never 'just a job' when you're welcoming children into your home), so we don't deserve gifts or cards... which 99% of the time I think 'fair enough' about. But at xmas I do find it hard to accept this attitude.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

It's strange isn't it?

The family I would have thought to be the most likely to give me a card at least hasn't given me anything and the Mum I thought least likely gave me a massive box of chocolates.

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

me too and i really didn't expect anything as everyone is skint, but its lovely to be aprreciated

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, even just a little something means a lot!! June and I are aware of this and so the 2 mums who help us with the school run have gone home with pressies tonight, just a little something to let them know we appreciate them!! even though its not actually OUR children they take and fetch from school its other peoples but if they didn't help out we wouldn't be able to get the children to and from school everyday (the children have been coming for years, but the council cuts have meant we have lost our school bus and so we have had to get a rota up involving the parents as that is the only way we can manage it).

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive had 2 lots of lovley gifts,
    1 parent brought me 2 cup cakes (ooh they were delicious) from Cox Cookies and Cakes (London) in a lovley presentaion box and a bottle of wine,
    My other parent, and although its nice to be thought of, brought me a lovley box of Sanctuary of Covent Garden bits and peices, it must of cost quite a bit, and I real a little embarressed to be honest
    My other parents (I have 3 lots) brought me some really expensive hand cream last year Mum works at a well known department store retail store Ive got their children till tommorow so not had a card, and if If Im lucky a gift yet..
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

No presents here I had a card from one parent, who also got my son a small gift which was very kind.
    I don't expect gifts, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a Christmas card on with "To a Special Childminder" on the front, did you know Hallmark do childminding cards? I have two presents under the tree, and my third mindee findishes tomorrow, I know the Mum has got my daughter something, but I am not fussed either way! I give all my mindees a gift up to £10 as I care about them.

I would be happy with a box of roses!!!! I am sure both of my gifts are chocs. xx

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

One of our parents bought 2 new books for our story time sessions and a box of chocolate biscuits for us

Another one bought all 3 of us a bottle of wine each.

Another bought us all a box of Maltesers.....they're wrapped up but we think by the noise they make we've guessed correctly

Another one bought us a box of chocs to share and another one went ott with lots of things

It's our party day tomorrow so you never know we might get another box of chocs

It's nice to know that they think of us and appreciate what we do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast