Caring for 2 babies - Ofsted said yes!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Caring for 2 babies - Ofsted said yes!

Hi,

I posted here a couple of weeks ago regarding whether Ofsted would allow me to look after 2 babies under one even though I have only just registered (2 weeks ago) and have no previous experience.

I wanted to let you all know that they granted my application for variation.

Its great news as it means I have my first mindee, and my friend also can now stop worrying about who she will leave her little boy with!

Anyway the point I wanted to make is that if you are going for a variation I think it is worthwhile spending alot of time thinking about exactly how you will meet the needs of all the kids in your care.

I listed different areas on the form and then explained how I would cope: eg. feeding, sleeping, play, transport, one on one attention, resources, communicating with parents, and also how we would ensure my older daughters needs were met.

It took hours to prepare but it was obviously worthwhile! I'ms so glad I went for it because advice from a few people was not to bother.

Penny1959 Guest

Glad you got your variation

Hope it works out for you

Penny

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMcG View Post
    Hi,

I posted here a couple of weeks ago regarding whether Ofsted would allow me to look after 2 babies under one even though I have only just registered (2 weeks ago) and have no previous experience.

I wanted to let you all know that they granted my application for variation.

Its great news as it means I have my first mindee, and my friend also can now stop worrying about who she will leave her little boy with!

Anyway the point I wanted to make is that if you are going for a variation I think it is worthwhile spending alot of time thinking about exactly how you will meet the needs of all the kids in your care.

I listed different areas on the form and then explained how I would cope: eg. feeding, sleeping, play, transport, one on one attention, resources, communicating with parents, and also how we would ensure my older daughters needs were met.

It took hours to prepare but it was obviously worthwhile! I'ms so glad I went for it because advice from a few people was not to bother.

That's great news, I might have a similar situation for a month or so later next year, so it's really good to know that it is at least possible!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

great news!

enjoy !!!

onceinabluemoon Guest

Glad you got your variation.

I didn't see your original post so couldn't comment on that, but in my opinion its always worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good news - well done!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello what ages are the two under ones? I have a 8 1/2 month old son and a lady wants me too have her 8 1/2 old son aswell.. What did ofsted want to know and were their any conditions.

Look forward to hearing from you?

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

yeay! def. worth asking
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

ive been registered since september with my housemate as joint minders aswell as single minders Im still at my fulltime nursery job as my co minder only works part time so she has the children during the week and we have two that come on a saturday so I have them we were shocked when mrs o said we could have 4 under 1's when we both minded and 2 when 1 of us minds so its definatly worth having a chat with them!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done. I'm sure all the planning you did will help things to run smoothly once you start.