Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default terrified a parent yesterday...felt awful

i got a phone call from school to say my little boy age 8 had had a fall and hit his head and could i come..It was dinner time .i had one in a high chair and 2 at at the table.panic...luckily my neice who is also my assistant was visiting with her little girl.so i ran out leaving her to it to school ..luckily only 2 minutes walk away.My poor son was sat with an inch long deep gash between his eyebrows towards his hair line..gaping open.Took him straight to hospital which is 2 minutes away again.On the way i phoned the mam of my little mindee ..11 month old,only child and pride and joy of his parents.Told her i was on way to hospital with my son and her little boy was with my neice...bless her .all she heard was little boy and hospital.she said " what has he done " i said a really nasty head wound.she started screaming "oh my god oh my god".then i realised she must have misheard and thought it was her baby that was injured and had to calm her down.The poor woman was in tears.She was so relieved bless her.I phoned her once i was home from hospital to apologise again for frightening her but she felt bad for being relieved it wasnt her son.Must remember to speak clearly if i ever have to do that again.Three of my boys are being baptised tomorrow including my little wounded soldier.Nurse told me to keep his stitches dry...must remember to tell the priest when he has him over the font...!!!

Pipsqueak Guest

oooh ouchy poor kid.

speedy recovery and happy baptism day

(plenty of vaseline on it when the stitches/glue are out to help the scarring)

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope it heals quickly for him and you all have a lovely day tomorrow

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Your poor boy... and poor mindee's mum!

If I ever have to phone parents during the day, I always start with "Hi, it's me. Nothing at all to worry about..."

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch - how did he do it? My dd cut her head open in the same place in Sept and had stitches. Luckily I wasn't working but I would have been a right state if I had been! She came out of school on her scooter and fell over the handle bars. Needless to say I have now implemented a "ride on's" policy as part of my health and safety and all children must wear protective head gear when on ride ons (bigger than toddler ones)

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear! I hope all went well at the christening!

My minded toddler fell and hit his head on the coffee table during my last Ofsted inspection! He'd hit it at home the previous week and then re-opened the wound at mine. Luckily the Ofsted inspector wrote that I dealt with it calmly didn't feel calm at the time though!!!

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just got home from the baptism..It was lovely.All 3 boys in full suits with waistcoats white shirts and ties .they looked so cute.The priest managed to avoid pouring water over his war wound and they all smiled from start to finish.The priest asked DS aged4 if he wanted to be baptised and he said "no" The whole church cracked up He said tough you're too young to make your own mind up anyway .
    Now i can concentrate on xmas. x

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post
    Ouch - how did he do it?
    He was running with his mates and tripped over one of their feet and head butted the corner of a wall