Zafira central locking problems?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Zafira central locking problems?

As a lot of you have Zafiras was wondering if any of you have had central locking problems like we have?
    Didn't work for ages and drove me potty using key to lock and unlock the door and then just one day started working again.
    I stupidly let a little one play with my keys as a distraction when out and now of course it's not working again!
    Have tried the putting the key in and turning on ignition and pressing both the buttons which is meant to reset it but no use.
    Any suggestions or how did you sort it out if you have had problems? thanks in advance

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our old one did the same! drove me bonkers. DH put a bit of silver foil round battery in key fob to ensure connection and it worked!
    Gave up eventually and bought a new car
    Carol xx

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not had any problems with mine. Could it be a prob with the key rather than the car system? Have you tried it with the spare key?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Could it be a problem with something interfering with the signal? Have you tried it anywhere else other than at home. My key fob very often doesn't work when I go to Mothercare. There's something in the car park which prevents my fob working

xxxxx

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is EXACTLY the same, drives me do lally the amount of times I have had to run back to the car pushing a double pushchair because I forgot to lock it.

DH tried to put something in the key to ensure a connection but it hasnt helped. Every now and then it will randomly work.

Our car was bought because DHs company took his company car back and I had had to give "the baby" back to DH. His company gave him £2,000 to get another car so he got an 03 plate Zafira, but in a year I will be getting myself a brand spanking shiny new one... Hopefully with central locking that works lol

My friend has an 02 plate and her central locking is the same, SIL has an 07 plate and no problems

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it may be a battery issue, son told me his mate had this prob, new battery solved it .

Post Thanks / Like

Could line the walls with the batteries we've changed in it so def not that! Wishing upon wishing that I hadn't let it out of my hands and let the child play with the keys once it started working, we bought it from new and is an 05 plate but finances not as brilliant now as they were in 05 otherwise I'd get new and be done with!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got an 02 plate Zafira and so far the only problem is that one door won't open or close with the others, so I have to do it manually, but it's a back door and it's a pain when getting kids in and out of the car
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    I've got an 02 plate Zafira and so far the only problem is that one door won't open or close with the others, so I have to do it manually, but it's a back door and it's a pain when getting kids in and out of the car
    I have the same problem. Back door on drivers side. It's a pain trying to remember to lock it all the time

xxx

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    I have the same problem. Back door on drivers side. It's a pain trying to remember to lock it all the time

xxx
    How weird, exactly the same one! You can tell by the noise it makes that one is not closing. Must be the last one on the circuit or something?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an 06 one and touch wood no problems. Saying that my twins i have are constantly fighting over the keys as used to click it on off on off tll i told mum my other car cost £400 to get a new locking system so she doesn't mind when they scream for them now as they will foot the bill if it packs up!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem I've had a couple of times with mine (57 plate) is that when I've got the door open and putting LO's in the door lock jam on and I cant shut the door. I have to press the button on the dashboard then pull the door handle out and it seems to sort it out.

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    How weird, exactly the same one! You can tell by the noise it makes that one is not closing. Must be the last one on the circuit or something?
    Ours too (X reg)! Same door - must be a fault with them. Our remote central locking is broken too, we have to lock and unlock manually. We have a newer model which, touch wood, is fine at the moment.
    Love Shivvie