Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone video the children?

I have a child at the moment who puts on a sad face when dropped off and picked up and its all for mums benefit so I decided to video the children playing. I set up the camera and switched it on and then went to put the baby to sleep in the front room, then again one meal time I left it on. I've just put them on the computer and they are soooo funny They are chattering away two 3yr old girls and some of the language they use is incredible I can tick off loads of obs. Not sure how to record it for ofsted though, just prob put obs video. They are discussing letters, quantities, sizes, colours its fantastic
    Paula

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that sounds great - fantastic idea. Yes to put it in learning journey I would mark as "Video footage - date". Could you email the video to parents?

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post
    Wow that sounds great - fantastic idea. Yes to put it in learning journey I would mark as "Video footage - date". Could you email the video to parents?
    you need to be careful unless all the children in the video are from the same family then without permission from all parents you would be breaking confidentiality.

Having permission for photo's doesn't cover you for videos and some parents are okay with videos but not okay with video's.

You could always send a letter home saying something along the line's of,

Dear:
    As it it hard to capture the true meanings and outcomes of children's learning through photographs as they only capture a tiny fragment of what is happening.
    Therefore I would like to start using video footage of the children's day.
    I would also like to share the footage with the parents of the children involved, in order to do this I need your consent as there maybe more than one child present in the video and I would like to show both parents and would like your permission to do this.

Please fill in the following and return asap

I ______________________________________ give/ do not give ____________________________ permission to video my child throughout the day.
    I am aware that at times other children may be present in the video.
    I therefore give/ do not give permission for the videos containing my child and other children to be shared with the other child(ren)'s parents.

Signed:
    Dated:
    Last edited by stardust; 27-11-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have done a video on a few occasions (have written permission) once for a little boy who cried a lot when separating from mum so that i could show her how happy he was during the day and another time was on a child's first day at school so that he could tell his mum and dad his first day news

Cx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used it when my mindees are dancing. you just can't capture that in a written obs - especially them doing their "ballet" - soo lovely. I don't send it home, I share it with parents when they collect.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fantastic

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Twice.
    I have a mindee who eats fruit and veg for me but not a home. I think Mum thought I was fibbing, so I took film of him eating them and showed Mum.
    She now believes me
    Toothfairy

Post Thanks / Like

i video all the time, helps loads when doing obs, you pick up loads you miss the first time round lol, i have all parents sign to say i can use a's image in b's learning journey etc

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a slight problem that was easily resolved with a permission form. You must be aware some parents wouldn't want their child in a picture let alone filmed. Always cover yourself with aConsent form