Hello Forumites! I finally managed to get permission from my landlord!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 012
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Forumites! I finally managed to get permission from my landlord!!

After numerous emails back and forth between myself and my landlord he has now decided that I can childmind from the property I currently rent . HE says he has no problems in principle with the idea BUT it all depends now on the agents. I have spoken to the agents and they say that they have spoken to my landlord (finally) and they say that he and them are both concerned that the insurance he has will not cover me. So I explained that I would have my own insurance including PLI and Home Contents Insurance.

BUT they are still concerned. SO are they right to be concerned? Would childminding cause any problems for the landlord in terms of his mortgage, insurance?

Please help, I hate all this red tape.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it could do I'm afraid.

Some Mortgage lenders might not be happy about a business being run if the property is let. He will also have buildings insurance and they may not be happy because he isn't living in the property.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is really important that your landlord speaks to his insurance companies and mortgage lenders like Ricky says and checks it all out, preferably in writing, before you do anything to start the ball rolling.

I hope it works out for you x

Oct 012
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I just want it all sorted out so I can get on with becoming a childminder