Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do Ofsted talk to parents?

I am due my first inspection sometime after December. I was just wondering, do Ofsted talk to your parents or do they just come and make a judgement based on how you present yourself and your paperwork?

Post Thanks / Like

If parents are there during the inspection then the inspector will probably talk to them.

For my last inspection I asked parents if they wanted to write any comments for Ofsted and three of them wrote letters for the inspector.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that's a really good idea!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I get my parents to write out a letter of thoughts in a sealed envelope for me to give to the inspector. At the last inspection one of my parents dropped off during the inspection and had a chat with the inspector.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i give mine an ofsted comments form to complete before my inspection. i think they only talk to them if they happen to be in the house at the time of inspectioin, they don't usually call them or anything.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

Mine did as there was adrop off while she was there got me a massive tick in communicating with parents as mum was sat there telling me all about what he had been up to over the weekend lol

Post Thanks / Like

My Ofsted inspector met one of my parents at pick up time during the inspection. Mrs O said to the parent "do your children like coming here" My parent replied "of course they don't they hate it, thats why I send them"

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My inspector rang before the day and asked me to let parents know there would be an inspection and to put any comments they would like to make into an email and email them to her via ofsted. No one did.

A sealed letter is a good idea, if you're failrly sure they'll say nice things

best wishes,
    Wendy

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine had her inspection a couple of weeks ago and gave her parents a questionnaire to fill in Mrs O rang two of the parents during the inspection to check the forms were genuine and they had filled them in themselves.

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my Parents was off sick when I had an inspection and she spoke to Mrs O on the phone and gave me a glowing report

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my inspection 2 years ago and she asked for info on parents and called one of the mums a couple of days before the inspection.

When she first asked, I said that Mum wasn't great at doing letters etc so she said she would call rather than me not have any feedback from clients

HX

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the inspector spoke to the dad when he dropped off...he looked more nervous than I did lol!!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I always give my parents a questionnaire at the start of the new tax year but I brought it forward when I knew I had an inspection due.

She read the questionnaires and quoted part of one in my report - she didn't check that they were genuine but I did have a really really nice inspector!

As has already said - if a parent happens to be there when they are I think they would want to talk to them.

Don't worry - they really are human! Good luck!
    Cazz x