Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ARGH!!!!

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ARGH!!!!

Have got myself in a bit of a pickle with holidays!!! Can someone put my mind at ease please?!! I have stated in my paperwork that I will take 4 weeks holiday per year (with at least 2 weeks notice), my (new and only) mindee will be away half term week (so 2 days in total as I only have her for 2 days a week!) what I am (stupidly) confused about is, does that then deduct 2 days off my 4 weeks holiday or can mindee and family have time off which isn't in my set 4 weeks? Does that make sense? I have probably been thinking about it too much and got worked up over nothing, but it is bugging me now!! Sorry for waffling on
    Thanks xxx

Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends what you have specified in your contract/policy/agreed with Mum?

I take 4 weeks off unpaid if they choose to take other time off they pay as usual. Hope that helps?

Penny1959 Guest

It is NOT your holiday unless you have given notice of those days as holiday.

If it is the parents saying they want it as holiday (which I think is what you are saying) It is their holiday

Penny

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's her holiday.

Think of it not as holiday but when you are closed. So for 4 weeks of the year you are closed. You are open when she is on holiday so it comes off her holiday time and not yours.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

As others have said it is her holiday.

However in answwer to your question.

If you have a mindee 2 days a week then that would count as 1 week of your hoilday when you take it because holiday is usually done pro rata. So no you would use 2 and a half weeks of the los tome for w week of holiday for you.

Does that make sense?

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for replies, I think I am feeling better about it now, and thats what i thought, it doesn't come off my holiday, like someone said earlier, it is their holiday, not mine!! Cant even call it a week off, as will have my own 2 at home being half term!! lol Thanks again, am feeling better about it now

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    It is NOT your holiday unless you have given notice of those days as holiday.

If it is the parents saying they want it as holiday (which I think is what you are saying) It is their holiday

Penny
    Thanks Penny1959, That is what i thought, it is the parent saying that little one wont be with me that week!! It was their choice to not bring her to me that week!!